Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:54:36 AM

Author Topic: Issues getting Mach3 to recognise my .tap files  (Read 12479 times)

Issues getting Mach3 to recognise my .tap files
« on: January 17, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Hi all,

been using Mach3 with my plasma cutter now for about 4 months with no hick ups. The other day however, i created a drawing, saved it as a .dxf file and put it into SheetCam TNG, set it all up as i normally would and Mach3 couldn't recognise any of the code at all. I did everything as I always had but now it wont do it. The diagram in the top right that usually shows the shape to be cut was blank, only showing a small green dot in the centre, and having no lines of text in the top left where it usually has the G-Code list.

I'm absolutely at a loss for what is happening and can't find an answer in the forum so thought I'd ask you guys if anyone knows what the issue may be.

Cheers, Andy.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Issues getting Mach3 to recognise my .tap files
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 12:06:23 PM »
 It appears that SheetCam did not post anything.

Have you tried loading a previous file ?

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 04:02:14 AM »
Yes, i have tried around 15 new .dxf drawings, all of which my sheetcam processes but Mach3 wont recognise. It spits out the .tap file which I have tried to load into mach3, but nothing? I have even had a friend draw something on his machine, use his sheetcam to give me a .tap file, and then put that into my Mach3 but still no joy.

Totally at a loss for what might be happening  :-\

Cheers
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 10:08:25 AM »
Have reinstalled Mach3 and I am experiencing the same problem. All files created before 2 days ago are recognised and will cut but none of the recent ones will, save for 1 file, which I created no differently!  :(

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 10:25:23 AM »
You may want to post a sample cut fie and a copy of you XML file so it can be checked.

Hopefully HOOD will see this and check the XML.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 10:59:16 AM »
Can you load the Roadrunner test file and it work?

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 04:10:54 AM »
test file works, it's only recently created files that don't work. makes me think i'm doing something differently, but can't think what it is.
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »
I've tried again today and one file worked but one didn't, I have reformatted my flash drive that i use to transfer my files, thinking it may help and oddly the first file I tried worked but the second didn't. I have attached the two files here if anyone wants to try run them through their Mach3 to see what I mean, or if they work. That'll lemme know whether its my Mach3 or my SheetCam.

First one i made (that worked) is '100sq.tap', the second that didn't work is the 'adv shape 1.tap'.

All help here, again, is very appreciated!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »
The 100sq.tap is fine, the second one looks like a binary file full of nulls.  You should be able to open a proper tap file with notepad and read the commands. Not so with adv_shape1.tap.

John

ps, check if you can read them on your computer before putting them on the thumb drive and that will let you know if its the thumb drive  or something else.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 11:22:13 AM »
As wood said it is an empty file. No Gcode present. Check Sheetcam and make SURE that you did not accidently switch POST. It IS easy to do(;-)

(;-) TP