Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:10:15 PM

Author Topic: Erratic behavior during calibration  (Read 2136 times)

Erratic behavior during calibration
« on: January 14, 2013, 09:35:53 AM »
I was setting the calibration on my X-axis.  I have done this numerous times before.  The feedrate was set very low.  I entered the desired movement distance, the machine slowly moved in the positive direction, I entered the actual movement distance, OK'd the new setting and tried a new distance to confirm the calibration.  This time my machine took off in the negative direction so fast I barely saw it, let alone had time to hit the E-stop.  It smashed into my proximity  limit switch so fast the switch got destroyed before it could stop the gantry.  The movement had to be more than 10 times what I had entered, and in the wrong direction. 

As no other settings had been touched between these two events I figured there must be something going on in the software itself.  I then downloaded a fresh version of Mach3 and installed it under a different directory on my computer.  Doing that somehow turned both the original and the new one to demo versions. 

Has anyone ever had either of these things happen?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Erratic behavior during calibration
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 02:29:48 PM »
Can you attach the xml from your original folder.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 04:46:06 PM »
Attached are the XML's.  The one by itself is the one that was in the Mach3 folder today.  The ones in the other folder are from the xmls back-up folder.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 05:01:51 PM »
Ok check that the Mach1Lic.dat is in the folder you have Mach installed to. It seems to be from the info in the xml so if it is then possibly itis corrupt.
In that case email Scott at license@machsupport.com and attach your Mach1Lic.dat,
I will let Scott know you may be sending the licence for him to check out.
Hood