Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:33:19 AM

Author Topic: mach3 not run driver test  (Read 18996 times)

mach3 not run driver test
« on: January 09, 2013, 09:42:43 PM »
My sytem run with a windows 7 editions famillial premium, i install a new parallel i/o card  in pc, i found then and run. But when I download the mach3 software in process ask me install parallel card I clic ok.... finish installation without tell me clic on load mach3 driver and install wizards.
I reboot system maybe 1.2.3.4.  but when I run test driver .......... Not found again what wrong

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: mach3 not run driver test
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 03:14:02 AM »
The parallel port driver doesnt work with 64bit operating systems, if you want to use the parallel port you will need to install a 32 bit operating system.
Mach itself will work fine with a 64bit OS but you will need to use an external controller such as the SmoothStepper, CSMIO,  DSPMC, Galil, Kflop etc.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »
i cant run this mach3 i buy a new computer to only do it, but nothing, i go in propriety mach3( compatibility  and execute in Win xp SP2 and the test driver not run...  (No Driver sensed installed. Run driver test.) appear.
what i wrong i dont It is my ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS  problem ?  i can't run driver test.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 03:18:11 AM »
Attavh your xml and also list the hardware you are using.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »
hi, i have a intel (R) Core(TM) 2 CPU E6550 @ 2.33 GHz, IBM lenovo  system type 64 bit,  Windows 7 Edition  familiale premium SP1  eset no32 anti spyware.
sweetee66

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 07:36:38 PM »
I dont think you understood earlier, the parallel port driver on Mach will not run with 64bit operating systems, you need a 32bit OS. If you want to use Mach on a 64bit OS you will need to use an external controller such as Smoothstepper, CSMIO, KFlop, Galil, DSPMC etc.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 08:58:52 AM »

"NO DRIVER SENSED" Hello I am running Mach 3 with a new custom built windows 7 pro 32 bit paralell port setup but it will not run driver test, I am new to mach but I had a computer built specifically to run mach, I have setup in ports and pins everything all good there, I run the driver test is says no driver sensed, i tried a few things but it is stumping me, I have uninstalled and reinstalled ect, any suggestions my setup is a longs db25-1205 breakout board dm542 stepper drivers and nema23 motors HELP

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 02:47:19 AM »
Hi Mattie,

Download Mach3 v.062 from here: ftp://anonymous:guest@ftp.machsupport.com/Mach3/Mach3Version3.043.062.exe
Install it over the top of your existing installation follow the on-screen instructions and make sure you load the parallel port driver.

(perhaps also check that you are indeed running a 32 bit OS)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 04:46:00 AM »
Hi,
its been some time since I had to install Mach3 and PP and get it to run.

Go to the Artsoft site and download:

Mach3 CNC Controller Software Installation and Configuration

Section 2.3.1
2.1.3 The Vital Reboot
You must reboot Windows before running Mach3. This reboot is vital. If you do not do it, you will get
into great difficulties which can only be overcome by using the Windows Control Panel to uninstall the
driver manually. So please reboot now.
If you are interested in knowing why the reboot is required, then read on. If not, you can skip to Section
Although Mach3 will appear to be a single program when you are using it, it actually consists of two
parts: a driver, which is installed as part of Windows like a printer or network driver, and a graphical
user interface (GUI).
The driver is the most important and ingenious part. Mach3 must be able to send very accurately timed
signals to control the axes of the machine tool. Windows likes to be in charge. It runs normal user programs
when it has nothing better to do itself. Because Mach3’s operation is so time-critical, it cannot
be a “normal user program.” It must be at the lowest level inside Windows (that is, it handles interrupts).
Furthermore, to do this at the high speeds possibly required (each axis may be given attention
up to 100,000 times per second), the driver needs to tune its own code. Windows does not approve of
this (it's a trick that viruses play), so it has to be asked to give special permission. This process requires
the reboot. So if you have not done the re-boot, then Windows will give the Blue Screen of Death and
the driver will be corrupt. The only way out of this is to manually remove the driver.
Having given these dire warnings, it is only fair to say that the reboot is required only when the driver
is first installed. If you update your system with a newer version, then the reboot is not vital. The
install sequence does, however, still ask you to do it. Windows XP boots reasonably quickly, so it is

When I was doing this I missed the 'vital reboot' a couple of times and so had to use Control Panel to manually dig
out the corrupt driver and do it all over again. If I did not do it this way I recall an error such as has been described
'No driver detected'. No driver=no joy, no way!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2021, 05:43:36 PM »
allo moi ausi jai un probleme  je sui nouveau ici je c pas si  je peut poster sa ici ...
je me demande en quel mode mon port paralell  fau til qui soi configurer   normal   bi-directional   epp+spp   ecp   ecp+epp   svp aider moi je c pu quoi fair pour que sa marche !!!