Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:37:10 AM

Author Topic: A-Axis won't home - 4 axis hot wire foam cutter  (Read 3802 times)

A-Axis won't home - 4 axis hot wire foam cutter
« on: January 06, 2013, 04:19:09 PM »
Hi
I've been setting my 4-axis hot wire foam cutter and it works just great.  You can see it here http://www.rckeith.co.uk/cncfc.html made my first wing which didn't come out too bad.  I've now installed limit/home switches and wired them all in series following this article http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attachments/stepper_motors_drives/148210d1324043992-wire_e-stop_button_tb6560_driver_board-tb6560limitinputs.pdf .  Used the Autoset to  configure home, ++ and -- for z,x,y,a which all worked fine.

Z, X and Y all home when I press REF ALL HOME, but the A axis doesn't move at all.  On the diagnostic page the A axis switches lights up as expected when a switch is pressed.
I've unchecked A-axis as angular in General config but it made no difference. 

Is there something else I need to do?  Will I need to wire the A-axis to a separate  input pin.

Keith
Thanks
Keith

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: A-Axis won't home - 4 axis hot wire foam cutter
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 04:23:29 PM »
It should but if you attach your xml I will look and see if I can find the problem.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 04:44:04 PM »
Thanks.

I've attached it

Keith
Thanks
Keith

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 04:51:20 PM »
Have sent you a PM.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 06:26:35 AM »
New XML config uploaded. 

keith
Thanks
Keith

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 06:44:49 AM »
Works fine here in simulation. Open Mach then go to Diagnostics page, are any of the LEDs lit for home switches?
Assuming they are not then go to Operator menu then Edit Button Scripts, the RefAll should be flashing, click on it and see what it says, copy and paste here.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 08:24:13 AM »
Hi Hood

What I've noticed is the Z and Y hit the limit/home switch and then reverse direction to come off and reset the DRO's to zero.  I think this is what they should do.  The X just hits the switch and stops and then DRO says zero.  I though perhaps it might be a switch problem so I've replaced the switch on the X--/Home with a new micro switch but no change.  The LED's are all light once the X stops and that's as far as it goes.  I've added the screen shot as you suggested

Keith
Thanks
Keith

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 08:34:41 AM »
Ok your X is the problem, its noisy, probably switch or possibly wiring picking up noise. Add 200 for Debounce Interval on General Config page and see if that cures it.
If it does reduce as much as you can before the problem happens again.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 12:00:46 PM »
Hi Hood

Your the man.  It works perfectly.

Thanks once again.

Keith
Thanks
Keith