Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:55:00 PM

Author Topic: Anybody ever seen this???  (Read 2630 times)

Anybody ever seen this???
« on: January 04, 2013, 08:02:19 AM »
Any help on this or ideas would be appreciated! 

I'm running probotix RF board with a licensed Mach3 program, Gecko G212s, and typical 4 wire, bipolar 400in/oz stepper motors.  I am trying to set up my gantry to run with 2 motors in the X direction to support both sides of the gantry and keep in square.   I have the master X axis drive set up and it works fine.  However, when I operate the slave motor, it only turns in one direction on advance and reverse commands from the manual gantry control in Mach3.  Same direction on either command.  I can flip the wires on the driver and it will reverse the rotation, but then it still only turns in the same direction regardless of forward or reverse manual input commands.  Does anyone have an ideas what to do here?   

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody ever seen this???
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 08:36:58 AM »
You could check that you have the correct 'Direction pin' configured, and correctly connected, for your slave axis (obviously the 'Step pin' is correct).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 11:36:03 AM »
Your parallel port may not have enough power on the direction pin. Try increasing the pulse width in motor tuning.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 12:26:31 PM »
Thanks all...turns out the dir pin on my bob is permanently high.  However, l am getting some weird behavior  in other ways,too.  I am afraid the noise is getting me .  Just for reference, what should the min dcV be on a pin to be sure the voltage is high enough to be safely recognised?  Also, l'm new at this so forgive the stupidity, here, but how likely is noise interfearance if your not using shielded cable?  One more thing, does anyone have a cable part number for something that will work with a 42vdc supply, 6amps, and 8 ft wire runs?
Thanks in advance.