Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:54:43 AM

Author Topic: machine zero  (Read 5039 times)

machine zero
« on: February 11, 2013, 05:33:13 AM »
 I am new to cnc and mach 3...i have inherited a home made  machine that i would like to use and there seems to be someting wrong in the way it has been set up !!!!   maybe me!!!
it uses stepper motors no home swithches ..and i woul like to be able to set machine home ..i think i have a very simple problem but cant see how to resove it ...can anyone point me to some basic instructions    ..

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: machine zero
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 06:36:30 AM »
Hi Jonboy,

Welcome to the forum.

Presumably your inherited machine is a 'Router style' - do you have any limit switches fitted to the axes ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 07:17:02 AM »
hi yes it is a router style and i do not have any switches .....i have tried to follow several suggestions for this from web posts but i seem to be getting confused somewhere ...the person who built the machone is no longer around so cant find out how he set it up!! 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 07:29:50 AM »
Hi Jonboy,

Although I do have limit switches fitted to my machine I never use any homing routines.

Basically each job is set up individually and for repetitive work a jig is used so that each blank is placed in the same position on the work table and just the first one in the series has to be zeroed.

This is just a suggestion, but if it is of any help to you this is the method I use http://www.cooperman.talktalk.net/files/17.htm. It would not suit everybody but it works for me.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 07:38:02 AM »
hi tweakie

thanks for the info i will look up your suggestions and give it a go ....

jonboy