Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:04:19 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Closes Without Error  (Read 3987 times)

Mach 3 Closes Without Error
« on: December 19, 2012, 10:28:01 PM »
I hope I'm not asking a question thats already been answered. I did spend the last hour looking through the FAQ and searching both Google and within the forum. Flame away if this has already been answered, I could use a haircut anyway :)

My problem is very simple. At various times during use of Mach 3, the app just closes. No error, no obvious reason why. The only thing thats running in the tray, at least right now, is an adobe update.  I built the machine and installed and updated XP from scratch, no bloatware, nothing that might normally be in play behind the scenes. No AV, no other apps installed. It is connected to the web via Ethernet. I'm running a non-integrated video card, machine specs are as follows:

Windows XP SP3
CPU - Intel 2.4 Ghz
RAM - 1.5 GB

Other potentially problematic stuff:

I use a wireless KB and mouse, as well as a bluetooth numberpad which I've remapped the keys on for use as a "CNC remote control" (which BTW is an extremely useful tool).

Anyone else resolved this?
Re: Mach 3 Closes Without Error
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:31:47 PM »
Another relevant note:

I always reboot the machine before starting a new project and after the Mach3 failure. Its happened twice in the last 6 hours (the last one about 3 minutes ago), and I rebooted in between the first failure and the second.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 03:16:47 AM »
Remove things one by one to find if their is a conflict, I would start with Adobe Update.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 04:45:50 AM »
I've seen machines with internet access and/or wireless kb +mouse cause problems to Mach.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 04:51:27 AM »
Have you looked at the Optimization document?

http://www.machsupport.com/downloads/XP_Optimization.txt

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 04:51:20 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll run through this stuff over the next few days, havent had a chance to fiddle yet. I did get something new today, but I've probably seen it a handful of times, check out the attachment.

This happened after I ran some extremely simple code (6 holes for tuners in a headstock), then closed the file. Basically, Mach just freezes and eventually dies regardless of what buttons I hit in the error dialog.

Hopefully that makes things clearer.

Thanks!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 08:21:15 AM »
Only Art would have an idea what the artcode points to but even then it will just be a general area and likely wont help much :(
Hood