Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:02:12 PM

Author Topic: NEWBEE problem with tb6560 and mach3  (Read 6321 times)

NEWBEE problem with tb6560 and mach3
« on: November 07, 2010, 04:03:50 AM »
hello to everybody

just instaled mach3 and board tb6560. motors have no reaction on software. motors don't move. I allready  have run drivertest. can u give me any suggestions?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: NEWBEE problem with tb6560 and mach3
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 07:38:24 AM »
First thing is look and see if DROs move in Mach when you jog, if they do then check you have the correct port address set. Next would be to put a volt meter between the Dir pin and 0V of each axis in turn and jog the axis back and forward and see if the voltage changes between 0v and 5v.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 08:32:47 AM »
hello to everybody

just instaled mach3 and board tb6560. motors have no reaction on software. motors don't move. I allready  have run drivertest. can u give me any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure that your port config is not correct. I have had the same problem for one of my eBay TB6560 boards. Their port config (provided in CD) was completely wrong. I then manually traced the board to identify the pin config. Finally it worked.
My CNC Store: http://liana-tech.com
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 02:09:23 PM »
hello to everybody

Just visit the "Ports and Pins" section of Mach3 and configure the Pins used to drive things. I can help you with an XML file if you like, I just need to see a link to the board you have chosen to use.
For the "Red" TB6560 board found on ebay you would configure mach3 by setting the "X Enable" to 2, and "X Direction" to 3
"Y Enable is then 4, and Step is 5, and "Z enable" is 6 and Z direction is 7"
These pins change from board to board, it just depends on the manufacturer.
Pulses are sent threw the Pins as directed by your PC thanks to the Mach3 software, so if your choosing the wrong pin to send the signal to the stepper, no current is noticed by the stepper and nothing moves.

Hope this helps,

Rob

http://www.whatisacnc.com

Offline Zig

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 08:16:32 PM »
Hi Rob,
I'm not the original poster but I have the same problem.  I have the blue board version of the tb6560.  When I boot up the board lights up, the motors chirp and lock and then when I open Mach3 the motors release the lock but won't move when I try the Roadrunner sample code.  Any suggestions on the configuration settings?

Many thanks,
Dan