Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:54:35 PM

Author Topic: Mach sees Angles instead of Radius corners  (Read 5629 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach sees Angles instead of Radius corners
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 03:38:29 AM »
Your IJ mode is incorrect, put a G91.1 in the first line of code and it should be fine. You can also change on General Config page to what you want as default  but as code can be written in either (Abs or Inc) then it is always wise to have the G90.1 or G91.1 in your code and that way it will always be changed to the correct mode no matter what your default is.
Hood

Offline myk

•  9 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 07:54:47 AM »
Brilliant!  I would have never found that and didnt even know that was there.  I must have some how changed it though. I swapped the setting back and it works fine. I assume that is absolute and incremental from one point to another?

Thanks so much for the help. That saves me a few months of trying to figure out what went wrong.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 08:22:38 AM »
The problem is it can be changed by code so you could run some code that had G90.1 in it and then try and run some other code and unless that code had the G91.1 in it it would not be reset. Restarting Mach should set it to default however but as said best to have it in all code so that it is set correctly for that code.
Hood

Offline myk

•  9 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 09:25:45 AM »
Good to know. Looks like I have a lot to learn about G Code. I didn't know there was any G Code with decimal points. I've yet to find a really good list of G Code and all its functions. Ill make G91.1 standard practice.

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 09:55:22 AM »
Have a look on the main page of the standard screeset, you will see a button labeled G Code. When you click that a window will pop up with descriptions of the code in Mach. You will likely need to read it a few times before some of it makes sense.

Hood

Offline myk

•  9 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »
Will do