Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:25:01 PM

Author Topic: New Pokeys plugin, analog signal mapped too?  (Read 5027 times)

New Pokeys plugin, analog signal mapped too?
« on: November 11, 2012, 03:14:40 AM »
Hello,
I have a pot setup for my FRO.  I had a brain working that would increment my FRO by 10% depending on what the analog signal was. I was reading the analog signal through MODBUS. With the latest plugin this is not working any more. Did the analog signal get mapped some were else?

If so were can I read that signal for my brain to work.

Thanks
    -Wes
-Wes

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: New Pokeys plugin, analog signal mapped too?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 04:48:30 AM »
Hi, Wes

Please check whether the pin is setup as analog input in the plugin configuration.

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »
Yes the pin is setup as analog, using pin 45. I can see the value change in the pokeys config that is inside Mach3. I can assign it to the FRO DRO and it I can adjust the feed rate with it. But what I want to do is make so that my pot only changes the feet rate in 10% increments and I want to great a buffer area around 100% so that my feed override LED stops flashing since you can't adjust the pot to be at exactly 100% with out really trying. I had this all working with a brain on the older plugins.

So my question is were can I read the analog signal value that I can use in a brain. Or is there a way that I can some how assign the analog signal to my own user DRO that I can then read in a brain to set the FRO DRO.

Thanks
    -Wes
-Wes
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 12:44:48 AM »
Still haven't found where I can read this value with a brain.
-Wes
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 10:01:10 PM »
Little help please.
-Wes

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 05:15:28 AM »
Please post your brains code to see exactly what you are trying to achieve.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 11:59:00 PM »
Here is what my brain does.

If my feed over ride pot is between 95% and 105% the Mach3 feed rate well be locked at 100%. If  I turn the pot so that it is between 85% and 95% the feed over ride will be 90%. so on and so on. I had it setup for 10% increments until it was below 5% at which point it would signal a feed hold.

I had this working fine when I was using the older plugin from back in June of this year. The analog signal was mapped to ModIO 126.

After installing this latest plugin it no longer works. This is since all the configurtion of the pokeys was moved to the plugin in Mach3. I assumed that the analog signal is no longer mapped to ModIO 126 any more. I was just wondering were it is mapped to now. Or at least where I can read the value of that signal in a brain.

Thanks
-Wes

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »
The new plugin has never had mapping activated to ModIO. Do you mean by 'older plugin from back in June' the plugin, written by poppabear on this forum?
At the moment, you can map any analog input to any of the DROs. If you select such DRO that is not used by Mach3 internally, you can then read the same DRO from your brains code.
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 01:25:33 AM »
Hello NeoTO,

I'm guessing I must have been using the plugin by poppabear. I have been working on the is project going on a year now so I can't remember all the different versions that I have tried. I have since upgraded all plugins/drivers of all hardware to the latest locked down versions.

Thanks for explaining the mapping of the analog signal. I will re-write my brain to read a free DRO that I will assign in the pokeys config.
-Wes