Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:23:33 AM

Author Topic: pokeys 56u analog FeedRate Override issues  (Read 17744 times)

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: pokeys 56u analog FeedRate Override issues
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 01:13:12 AM »
If all goes to plan, there will be a new version of the plugin at the end of this month. We will address this issue in the new version.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 06:14:32 AM »
using analog or digital encoders?
using a digital encoder (small mpg like that on a car volume control these days) makes more sense as pulses would just increase/decrease the feed rate with a reset setting it back to the gcode value.
An analog set up would require switching out the analog control to reset, while the digital would not be holding an set value in the control

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 03:39:28 AM »
Encoders are preferred for this operation due to reasons, you mentioned.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 06:17:45 AM »
Fantastic!  Personally..... I'd like to see the FRO and the Slow Jog Speed be contollable. Many like Spindle speed, but I find myself using the slow job speed as well and joy sticks to run my mill 'manually'.  Rather than full gcode, I often end up doing small tasks or finish passes 'by hand' so changing the slow jog speed with one of my mpg knobs allows me to  adjust chip throw.
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »
...been holding of modifying my control panal any further...waiitng to see how/if  a 'new' pluging may resolve my control issues.

Any word on the new plugin???

....trying to wait patiently....  :)

tia

ptegler

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 03:36:14 AM »
The work on the plugin (bug fixes, minor improvements) will resume shortly.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 06:20:33 AM »
waiting   ???
anticipation   :)
when it works   ;D

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 06:37:36 AM »
In the meantime, you can try out our new beta software named PoBlocks. It enables a small PLC inside the PoKeys with many functions (when programmed, PoBlocks then runs without the host computer).
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 08:26:27 PM »
Any new info on the plugin that addresses encoders, reset and etc using the pokeys ...supposed new plugin work from back in April?
I've tried all forms of mapping an encoder to the 821 DRO in MACH3, but the pokeys takes over, interfering with the MACH2 software.
I even tried un-mapping the pokeys keyboard to no avail.
Another large thread on this issue is at   http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,24809.0.html
some say it works but I do not believe they have full control or have tested all aspects yet.
An encoder (or mpg) directly mapped works, but takes over and interferes with Mach 3 standard actions.
...bummed and waiting here      :-)