Third party software and hardware support forums. > NC Pod

Slaving over a hot Pod

(1/5) > >>

Greolt:
 I am building a router that has R&P drive on each side of the X axis.

Although the Y and Z axis are not done the slaving in Mach through LPT has tested well on the completed X

So as Art has released a plugin for the Pod that has slaving I thought I would give it a go  :)

One side of the drive is designated X and the other side A.  Slaving is selected in Mach X to A

Motor tuning is set the same to both drives.  Try to jog. No go. Just acts like it is stalling. (turns slowly, makes a lot of noise)

Tried all sorts of velocity and accelleration settings. Nothing works.

Deselect slaving and X jogs perfectly on its own.

What am I doing wrong. Something stupid I guess.  ;D

Graham Waterworth:
Have you got the 2 motors running in the same direction?

Are they mounted mirror style or in parallel?

If mirrored they need to run in opposite directions.

Graham.

Greolt:
Motors are set to run in the correct direction. They are not fighting one another.

Being R&P I can simply release the spring that holds the pinion against the rack untill rotation direction is set correct.

Incidently I could not simply toggle "direction low active" to reverse motor direction as you can when using LPT.

Had to physically reverse two motor wires.

Chaoticone:
Can you swap your motor wires at the drives? Make x=a and a=x. This might help narrow it down. Before you do that, have you tried the a axis with the x axis disabled?

Brett

Greolt:
Brett

When X and A is slaved together no go. When slaving disabled both axis jog perfectly independantly.

Of course I have disengaged one pinion.

Wire it back up to LPT and slaving works as it should.

Fairly certain it is not a mechanical, driver or motor problem. Just something to do with slaving with the Pod.

Thanks,  Greg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version