Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:32:28 AM

Author Topic: how do you copy a custom profile from one computer to another  (Read 4245 times)

how do you copy a custom profile from one computer to another
« on: December 06, 2012, 07:52:34 PM »
At work I load a custom profile "Mach3plasma-cnc-clw"
It contains all the custom motor tuning, input and output pins ETC.
I would like to COPY all of that to my work desktop copy of Mach 3 and my home copy of Mach3 so when I write and test programs  etc, I am working on the same system.
So, specifically, what files and where they are located that need to be copied from my "work cnc computer"  and pasted to "desktop computers".
(btw, Thanks Tweakie, (Output6) works perfectly as you instructed.)
Re: how do you copy a custom profile from one computer to another
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 08:09:16 PM »
Typically, on the C drive/Mac3 folder. (or where ever you loaded Mach to)
Find this file (pic) it's the xml. Copy and past it into the Mach3 folder on the other PC's.
Should also save any custom screen sets, macros, BRAINS and your lic file.
Re: how do you copy a custom profile from one computer to another
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 08:58:38 PM »
Thanks, will  try this tomorrow.
( This is basic STUFF, I use Windows 7 at home now and did a search for the custom profile name loaded at home.
Windows 7 stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  all it found was the file in the Mach3/Macros/ -directory.
It found that so I know the search included the Mach3 directory in c:/mach3  drive.
so, why do I need you to tell me where it is? - because Windows 7 STINKS.... Sorry, just venting about windows 7. I just CAN'T WAIT to get my hands on WINDOWS 8. that will solve everything for me. I'll just go POSTAL, and then everything will be fine.)
(btw. Going POSTAL in the  USA means going CRAZY, getting a gun, going back to work(the post office), shooting anyone you see, and getting shot by the police or commiting suiside.)