Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:09:34 AM

Author Topic: Info on Mach3 Licence and Activation  (Read 4448 times)

Info on Mach3 Licence and Activation
« on: December 01, 2012, 11:35:15 PM »
Hi All,
Can someone give me some information on the Mach3 Licence and the Activation of it.
I am New to CNC and to the Computer World so bare with me if I am asking some normally standard questions.
I understand that when I buy the Licence for Mach3 it will be sent to me via an email for Activation.
My questions are as follow ;-  the Computer that is running the CNC, does it have to be connected to the Internet to receive the email with the activation or can I have the email sent to another computer within my household that has a internet connection ?? How does the Activation actually take place ?? Sorry I don't know or understand how this all works and I don't want to muck it up. If I have it sent to another computer - How then do I Activate it on to the computer that is running Mach3 ?? I think I need Step by Step Instructions, my knowledge is very limited.
Now also while on the subject of internet and Mach3 - If I have the internet connected to a computer that is running Mach3 will an ANTIVIRUS Program interfere with the Mach3 operations ?? I was told that Mach3 will not work correctly because the ANTIVIRUS is always running in the background. Is this correct ?? 
Do hope someone can advice me so I have a better understanding.
THANKS
COBBILL

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Info on Mach3 Licence and Activation
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 12:08:31 AM »
There's not really any activation. You just receive a file that you copy into the Mach3 installation folder. You can put it on a memory stick to move it from one PC to the other.

As for the av program, there's a very good chance it will interfere with Mach3 operation.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
Re: Info on Mach3 Licence and Activation
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 01:42:20 AM »
Thanks very much Gerry for your quick response. I think I follow now. So I can go ahead and buy my Licence now you explained that.
Thanks very much.
COBBILL