Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:18:38 PM

Author Topic: Motion Mode??  (Read 4274 times)

Motion Mode??
« on: November 04, 2005, 10:25:43 PM »
Using a Taig mill with Xylotex board on 4 axis.

Should I set it for Constant Volecity or Exact Stop in Motion Mode?

What does Motion Mode control?

Thanks

James

Re: Motion Mode??
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 09:54:09 PM »
Constant velocity and exact stop mode are settings to control the type of motion performed by the machine. Constant velecity means exactly what it says, it seemlessly issues movement commands and the machine maintains a constant speed dictated by the feed setting. Through all moves regardless of the direction. Exact stop mode will stop the machine on every block of code to ascertain that the move was carried out correctly. Reasons for using this would be a machine with low acceleration or being overdriven allowing one axis at a corner to take off before the other has completed it's traverse thereby rounding the corner rather than executing a move that produces a sharp corner.

Ron
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 05:53:40 AM »
Thanks for the information.

Now here is another question. doing fine routing on some projects and dealing with 1.5mm radius curves and circles with a large amount z roughing to get excess stock removed. The gantry router is moving at 750mm/min with a 2mm single flue endmill. Spindle is set to ~1300rpm manually (kress 1050w FME model not yet under machine control). I am wondering if I will loose the .1mm tolerances I am working towards by moving to constant velocity from exact stop.

Input would be very helpful, as a Irealise that my cutting times will drop heavily if I am able to move over to constant velocity cutting.

Michael

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 06:00:41 AM »
Michael,

Not much help really but the best thing you could do is "try it and see".

Tweakie.
PEACE