Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:01:06 AM

Author Topic: Axis movement problem  (Read 2468 times)

Axis movement problem
« on: November 14, 2012, 06:00:54 PM »
Hello, my name is Amanda I'm the secretary here at Heiss Welding.  We have a 5 motor plasma cnc table set up with Mach3 as the controller.  We have a plasma holder, plate marker, and oxy-fuel holder.  On Monday we had begun to configure the motors and ensure that the direction was correct.  We got the gantry moving, the axises moving, that was all working fine except the direction on the y, but it was the end of the day so we put it aside to work on today.  Now when we tried to run the x or y, it was very choppy and wouldn't run smooth.  Also when we tried to run the x axis, the z axis started to move up at the same time and made a grinding noise.  We disconnected all the motors and just had the x plugged in to see if we restarted we could find the problem, however, even with just the x axis moving we still have the same problem.  Its very choppy and isn't running correctly.   Any help on the matter would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Axis movement problem
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
I would start over from scratch with a fresh reloading of MACH3.  DID you do the Driver pulsing test to see IF you have a stable PC ?

(;-) TP
Re: Axis movement problem
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 09:50:27 AM »
Yes, we had and it was around the 25,000 Hz like the manual suggested, I think it was a little over but not by a substancial amount.  Although I was just told Mach3 wont run as smooth on a laptop, and we are using one, so we're going to swap that out and see if that helps.  Only problem is we have to find a desktop to use.