Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:50:14 AM

Author Topic: Isolation Routing PCB's and Local System Rotate.  (Read 50839 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Isolation Routing PCB's and Local System Rotate.
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 01:42:58 AM »
Thanks Guys.

Tweaks does this assume that the 2 points are inline with the axis when referenced back to the drawing ?  IF not you have to account for that offset as well.  

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Hi Terry,

Yes indeed sir, you are quite correct.

If the Datum and Reference are vertically in-line (the angle is zero) then work re-positioning only takes the one referencing operation.

If the Datum and Reference are not in-line then the angle has to be referenced / calculated at the time of manufacture and stored.
Work repositioning can then be carried out by calculating the new angle, retrieving the original angle, subtracting one from the other then using the result for the Local System Rotate.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 06:24:01 PM »
Hi All

I  discovered this post a couple of weeks back and have since implemented the code that Tweekie generously posted. As I already had an endoscope fitted to the Z axis of my small cnc router, it only became a matter of implementing the additional buttons on screen and loading on Klause's video window. I also added a further DRO to indicate on screen the rotate angle and when the G68 is being applied - G68 is totally new to me so for the moment good to see when it is and isn't being applied. I ran some tests using the "rotate" this morning and am most impressed - it really works well and will be of considerable use to me, so many thanks for your efforts Tweekie, they are much appreciated.

I do however have a problem operating Klause's video window.............when ever the window is active, seemingly most of the Mach 3 screen buttons become inactive, also commands from the keyboard cease to operate. On termination of this video window, the screen and keyboard again become functional. To get around this I've been using the Mach3 video window in place of Klause's window - selecting/deselecting the video window manually.
 I've updated Mach3 to the latest lockdown Version, also noted that I'm unable to deactivate the Mach3 video plugin -  don't know why this is. Klause's plug in doesn't seem to affect the Mach3 video.

I'm hope this is a simple setup problem on my part as I havn't seen any mention of it by anyone else.

Can anyone help or offer me a solution to try.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 01:51:20 AM »
Hi Richard,

In Config / Config Plugins – for the WebCamPlugin click on ‘CONFIG’ and check the ‘Keep focus on Mach’ box.
Then when you open Klause’s window the focus is automatically transferred to the Mach screen and the keyboard jogging is enabled.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 06:18:36 PM »
Hi Tweakie

Thanks for the reply - checked this morning and found that the 'Keep focus on Mach ' was already checked. In fact all the boxes are now checked, but still same result. With everything tried to date am thinking that the plugin hasn't installed correctly. I get the same result when selecting the camera from the top plugin  menue. Video window opens OK, but all jog and other screen functions are inhibited until the video window is terminated. Seems to be quite a fundamental problem and directly related to just the camera module.
 Have run out of ideas for the moment, so am thinking of contacting Klause to see if he can suggest anything. I find it disconcerting when things don't work as I know they should.

Apart from the  camera window problem, the new Home and Rotate scripts work equally well when using the Mach3 camera plugin. Just means I have to turn the camera off/on myself, but what's a couple of mouse clicks!.

Kind regards
Richard
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 10:35:43 PM »
Hi Tweakie

Further (and final) to my last post, in case anyone else has the same problem - I did eventually get Klause's video camera window operating. I found that the frame rate required to be set to it's maximum of 200ms. A pity because the display tends to be a bit "jumpy" when jogging, but it is still very useable and will be fine for my applications.

Regards
Richard

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 01:35:58 AM »
Hi Richard,

I am pleased that you have managed to resolve the problem.  8)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 09:42:25 PM »
Hi Tweakie
 In case anyone finds it helpful in the future ................Thanks to a discussion going on on the Mach mach2 cnc site, mention was made re the watch dog timer.............thought I'd just check it out on my workshop machine and sure enough found that it had inadvertantly been selected on when updating to the latest mach3 version . Setting it to off.................... and  Klauses's camera now runs fine at the faster frame rates.Working fine at 40ms for me. Should have known it would be 'finger trouble'. It invariably is!.

Regards
Richard   

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 02:24:33 AM »
Hi Richard,

Thank you for the information, it is most useful to know what causes and cures problems as this will inevitably be of help to others that follow.

That damn Watchdog - I suppose it is of use to somebody  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »
NOT really it was used when Art did testing and was watching for large delays in communication. Just moving from a Wizard to mach3 can trip it at times.

(;-)TP
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2013, 04:38:27 PM »
Hi, I just searched and found this forum quite interesting. The post by Tweakie.CNC about using camera with the CNC machine and to use it for navigation is ingenious, I wonder how I didn’t think of that before. One question though, can we somehow use the camera to actually measure the distance between two points. I know we can measure the angles, just wondering about the distance. Thank you again for sharing the information.