Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:12:31 AM

Author Topic: M6 Macro Simple?  (Read 2682 times)

Offline cgabe

•  10 10
    • View Profile
M6 Macro Simple?
« on: November 11, 2012, 03:26:29 PM »
Newbi!  Most of the posts re M6 are about complex tool changes I just want a simple move.  When it hits M6 I want it to move to G00 X-4 Y-4 so I can change the tool , then I will jog  Z down to the new zero reference, because the new tool length is different,  then I can jog Z up to clear stock and press start.   I think it will go back and run the finish path gcode?????My Gcode comes from visual mill
All the talk about edit M6start and M6end??? The only place I can find those files is in the "Macros" subfolder but they are M6.m1s  type files and they don't even open with notepad etc.
Where do I find the M6 macro?
Can I edit it and do what I want?  Where do I save the new macro so the program will jump to the macro when it sees M6??  
I'm sure many folks have already done this, its so simple but I can't find it
Thank you in advance
Garth

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: M6 Macro Simple?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 04:24:29 PM »
The M6Start.m1s and M6End .m1s are the ones you want, in the macros\yourprofile\ folder. You can open them with Notepad or Wordpad, just right click on them and choose Open With...

Leave the M6End alone, and just change M6Start to this.

tool = GetSelectedTool()
SetCurrentTool( tool )
Code "G53 G0 X-4 Y-4"
While IsMoving
Wend

In General Config, set M6 to "Stop Spindle, Wait for Cycle Start"

Note that you should make sure your g-code has lifted the tool high enough to clear everything prior to the M6, or you may crash into something.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline cgabe

•  10 10
    • View Profile
Re: M6 Macro Simple?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 06:56:53 PM »
thank you!!!