Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:49:58 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 acting crazy with backlash comp  (Read 12420 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 acting crazy with backlash comp
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 10:38:42 PM »
Mach3 is a CNC software program that works with Windows and provides for controlling all movements and associated
commands to the axes via a parallel port (pp) to motor drives. The drives provide for actual movement of the motors.

Now if one doesn't have a pp,  then an external controller must be used and there are number of them avialable that provide a plug-in to software so the drives behave correctly. Not all external controllers are alike, in that, some features are not available. The plug-in is written by the manufacturer.

Now a lap top is not recommeded, but, if used, and many use them with an  external device to provide the pulsing to the motors. So the external device must comunicate with Mach correctly.

So you bought an external device and it doesn't work correctly for all you want to do.
Make sure you have read the instructions, have it properly connected, Mach configured correctly.
Ask the VENDOR for how to make it work for what you want to do, what it can or can't do, etc.

I know nothing about the USB device you bought.

Sorry, I can't help........

RICH
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 12:24:02 AM »
Rich,
Thank you for your help. I am wanting to utilize the backlash feature and probe of mach3. What I was asking is if I go to a BOB if the PC then becomes the controller and overcomes the issues. I am wanting to go away from the USB controller and let the PC be the controller. IF I understand the functions correctly. Will this one do what I need it to do?

http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/breakout-boards/kl-db25-breakout-board

James
Mach3 acting crazy with backlash comp
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 08:18:26 AM »
That BoB looks ok.  Note however that it has a db25 interface so you almost certainly can't drive it from your laptop, but will need a desktop which has the normal old style parallel port.  Yes, probing and backlash compensation should work fine then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 08:43:49 AM »
Wrechin2,

What make drives  or whose controller box are you using?

RICH

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 03:24:13 PM »
IF your laptop has a PCMCIA slot then you may be able to find an older LPT /PCMCIA card that will work to give you an LPT port.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 07:21:07 PM »
Sorry for the delay. I have up and running a desktop with XP. The board that I got with the kit I never could get to operate and has no support. That is why I am wanting to upgrade to one I can get support on. This was built on a budget and other than the probe and backlash it works perfect. I can't complain about the money. Here is what I have. Thanks again for all your help.   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321267025629?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITe
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 10:00:29 AM »
 Hi .
   I saw this controller to , on e-bay : DDSM6V5.0 6 axis . Does  anybody using this controller successfully ? ( i don't have backlash problems  so ... except this issue with backlash , does this USB BOB working well ? ) 
I'm looking for 6 axis (no slave) controller . One option could be this  DDSM6V5 50khz usb controller  ,or, i should go for two ports and two 5 axis BOB s ?

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 12:15:46 AM »
Mine went down after a very short time. Was more hassle than was worth to send back to china! I switched over to a BOB on the LPT port and now the thing works great. The other issues with this controller is it would act crazy when probing also. I would not recommend that controller.  Just my .02