Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:43:13 AM

Author Topic: Bitmap images not showing  (Read 8042 times)

Bitmap images not showing
« on: January 07, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
I have CVI MachStdMill installed and was just going to try and add some new buttons on the User Exts screen.  

I was wondering why, in Mach3Screen designer, do the bitmap images not show?  Without seeing the images
I cannot place features in the correct position.

It just seems to be MachStdMill that is problem, as if I load other screensets, I can see the images on those!

Keith
Re: Bitmap images not showing
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:29:28 PM »
Are you using screen4 as the screen set editor?  If so, 99.9% probability that is the problem.

Generally this is a problem with the contents of the set file as written by screen4 and how mach renders the set file when loading mach.  There are known cases where screen4 will corrupt a set file in such a way the images will not be rendered correctly by mach (it's a "layering" issue). Alas, Screen4 is a very old program that has not received any maintenance work for many years.
The issues are more common with lset files (lathe mode screens) than set files (mill mode screens) - it turns out that mach does not render lathe and mill screens using the same rules (known bugs in mach3).  See item 4.35 in the MSM release notes for some more info. That item lists some of the known bugs in mach wrt to lset/set file rendering - I suspect there are more than the ones I managed to find :-(

I'd highly recommend that you use MachScreen to edit set files instead of Screen4.  When the image rendering problems were discovered, Klaus (Machscreen's author) included features in machscreen to work around the problems. You can also swap order of bitmap images within the set file with machscreen to fix this type of problem.

Machscreen can be found at http://www.kd-dietz.com/klausphp/index_eng.html

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 05:36:58 PM »
Keith,
I was wondering why, in Mach3Screen designer, do the bitmap images not show?  Without seeing the images
I cannot place features in the correct position.

My prior response may have over thought the question - If you are already using machscreen, check the bitmap path in machscreen, it may not be pointing to the MSM bitmap files.

in machscreen: options; settings; Generic progr settings, then check the "user defined image path".

Dave

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 03:28:21 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for both replies.  I think I'll try the MachScreen approach, as opposed to Mach's own.  I was puzzled also, as to why no
UNDO-REDO feature!

Will give MachScreen a go this evening.

Thanks.

Keith