Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:07:49 AM

Author Topic: setup speed ref in mm/sec  (Read 4075 times)

setup speed ref in mm/sec
« on: October 26, 2012, 09:59:12 PM »
In order to use the same code using Mach3 at home as the Multicam I use at work in metric, I need my speed settings to be interpreted as mm/sec, not mm/min as Mach does.
Now I need to go into the G-code and change every F setting to 60 times more to make this work.

Any suggestions on how to change the setup of Mach3 to go from mm/min to mm/sec?
Can I change some factor in the XML file to make this conversion automatic?

Thanks

stefan

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: setup speed ref in mm/sec
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:46:38 PM »
That I am aware of there is NO way to do what you want. Mach3 only deals in MM/MIN or INCHES/MIN.

IF you needed to go the other way it would be a piece of cake  from mm/min to mm/sec  just redue the FRO to 1.666% and you would have it.

BUT mach cannot do over a 200% FRO .

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 06:44:58 PM »
Is there no factor in the XML file that influences this result  :( ? If not it may be a good idea for the next upgrade.  Or, let the FRO go to 6000% :)

This being said, is there a document that explains the settings in the XML file and possible modifications?

Thanks

Stefan

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 06:54:22 PM »
OH you can modify the XML but it won't change anything as to how the core of MACH3 works.

I don't think you will see ANY major changes to MACH3, maybe for Mach4 in the future.

(;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 04:10:18 AM »
Can you not alter the CAM to output mm/min as default? Failing that why not enter the feed you enter in CAM as 60 times greater?
Hood
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 08:25:18 AM »
I have another machine that accepts mm/sec only in metric. This one runs production at work. Unfortunately there's no way I can change that setup. I was just hoping to use copies.
The last resort would be to write a procedure in basic that opens the g-code file, finds all the F-codes and multiplies the numbers that follow these by 60. This way I would end up with a second set of g-code files but it could work.

Stefan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 02:54:52 PM »
All machines I have come across are programmed in units per minute and it seems to be the industry standard way, but then again I only have experience of metal working machines maybe other types are different.
Hood