Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:12:43 PM

Author Topic: Plasma Consumable Tracking  (Read 40682 times)

Plasma Consumable Tracking
« on: October 27, 2012, 03:01:40 PM »
Does anyone have any way of tracking consumable usage, change date, cost and so on in Mach 3. I think it would be a very handy way to track expenses and aid in cut quality.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma Consumable Tracking
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
(;-) Funny you should ask, I am redoing the consumables tracking for plasma using SheetCam and Mach3 for the shop here.

DO you use SheetCam ? What are looking to track. I have all the mods you need to make to the Scam post to get the values OUT of Scam and into Mach3.

DO you want to help layout a tracking function in MACH3 ? 

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »
Sounds like fun to me too. What do I need in the way of software to help? I use SheetCam, Mach 3, I just downloaded Mach3Screen.
I would like to track electrode and tip usage, so I would need total inches cut, pierces, install dates, etc. Cost factors would be cool also.

Let me know what else in the way of software I would need at this end.      

Thanks for the reply.
GL
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:55:20 PM by scbrniddvl »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »
OK here is what you need to do first. You will have to add these mods to your Scam post. This allows Scam to bring out the values and get them into the Gcode in a form that MACH3 can use. IF you cannot do the mods let me know and I can fix your post for you.

The part that say Oninit()  is a section and the addon code is after that part. There are several sections that you have to add code to.

SheetCam
Mach3
MachScreen

YEP that will do.

After you get the post running we can work on a new page i mach3. Think about what you want to see.

ADD this to the Scam POST for the Consumables values ( Cut Inches, #pierces)

ONInit()

Tpierce = 0
totalLength = 0

ONPenDown()

Tpierce = (Tpierce + 1)

ONMove()

totalLength = totalLength + len

ONArc()

totalLength = totalLength + len

ONFinish()

post.Text (" #650 = ")
   post.Number(totalLength * scale,"0.### \n")
   post.Text (" #651 = ")
   post.Text  (Tpierce )
   post.Eol()

post.Text ("( CUT Units = ")
   post.Number(totalLength * scale,"0.### \n")
   post.Text (" #Pierces = ")
   post.Text (Tpierce,")\n")

Example of the end of Gcode file Showing the #var call back to Mach3

N3710 M05
N3720 G00 Z0.5000
N3730 X0.0000 Y0.0000
N3740 #650 = 55.133 #651 = 8
N3750 (Cut Inches= 55.13  #pieces= 8 )
N3760 M30

To make use of the Values You need to modify the M1030 macro in Mach3. It runs as part of the  M30 end

of file Mcode.

M1030 macro mods, Add this

SetUserDro(2000, (GetUserDro(2000) + GetVar(650)) )  
SetUserDro(2001, (GetUserDro(2001) + GetVar(651)) )  

That transfers the #var's value to the Consumables page DROs . The REAL Dro numbers are whatever you

used(;-)

After every cut file is complete the Consumable Values are added to the Consumables Page.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »
Thanks. Doesn't look to difficult.  I'll get on it tomorrow and let you know how I do.

Thanks
GL
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 04:29:29 PM »
Ok, Had to play with the post a little bit, but seems to work right. Distance and pierces seem to be correct. And the 650, 651 posts look the same as your example.

GL

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 05:09:24 PM »
OK next you need to decide HOW you want to look at the info. Main page , Add on to an existing page or create a new page. Then to start you need to ADD the 2 DROS I used USERDRO(2000) and USerDro(2001) you can use what you like to use. You just match the 2 to the M1030 macro calls to update them. ONCE you have the dros on screen THEN everytime you run a program and the M30 runs you will see updated values on the  DROs. It just adds the Program values to the Existing total.

Get that part going and we will move ahead.(;-)

Examples:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:13:19 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 05:19:25 PM »
Sounds good, I'm sure I'll probably have a few questions before I have success. lol

Thanks
GL

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 05:23:21 PM »
I normall put a set of the DROS on the main work screen. That way you can see what the running total is ON the nozzle and tip. You will notice that after you mod the Scam post that the LAST message in the program shows the Programed values for  Cutinches and #pierce. It is that way because WHEN you load a new CUT program MACH parses through ALL the messages and LEAVES that LAST ONE in the file visable in the STATUS bar. (;-)

NOw you loaded the new cut program and just look at the totals on your  consumables AND add the status bar to see HOW MANY inches and pierces that program will add . NOW through your history of consumables you KNOW that chances are good that you may have to stop and change out a tip You can decide to change it out NOW. I know sometimes we cut ARTSY part that may take an hour to run to completion. Having a nozzle wear out in the procees sometimes DEGRADES the part quality.

NOW can you track multiple consumable sets (finecut,40amp,60amp ,etc) SURE it just takes more time to set it all up.

Just take your time and get it worked OUT as how you want to see it all THEN we can work on the particulars(;-) Nothing in this is overly complicated to work out.

Here whit every event it writes to A FIle AND REPORTS.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:26:46 PM by BR549 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 05:30:04 PM »
I would just decide on HOW you want to see it and then ADD the 2 DROs to your screen. Then run a program and make sure it updates to the DROs. Once that works you have the CAT by the tail.

(;-) TP