Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:55:04 AM

Author Topic: Losing Steps on x  (Read 9879 times)

Re: Losing Steps on x
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 02:33:07 PM »
My mechanicals are linear bearings and Thomson shafts - very free moving.

I've recently changed to a different laser diode driver and don't use M10/M11 commands now, but too early to say my issues are gone.  If it happens again, I will revert to an older version (.022) to see if the issue continues.  Since others in this thread don't use the M10/M11 commands they don't seem likely to be the problem.  The only commonality we have seems to be the latest lockdown version (.066).  The last I remember, Ver. 066 was development and .022(?) was the lockdown.  I missed the change.
Regards All,
John Champlain
www.picengrave.com
Re: Losing Steps on x
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »
I posted yesterday on this thread due to my X axis missing steps badly as well. This didn't always happen. Problem seemed to start on Sunday.  My multi pass circles weren't starting and finishing properly and my vcarve lettering looked terrible.  I pulled out my wifi card since I didn't need it.  I upgraded to the lockdown (.066) last night.  My X axis velocity was set to 100.2 in the motor tuning.  I backed it down to 80.  On the home screen I always had my feed rate slider down about 1/2 from the normal spot so I never thought much of the 100 value.  With only those three changes, I got (2) 1 hour long runs last night without a single problem.