Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:59:21 PM

Author Topic: New Challenge....Anyone care to assist  (Read 3325 times)

Offline belin

•  37 37
    • View Profile
New Challenge....Anyone care to assist
« on: October 13, 2012, 01:20:11 AM »
ok i hope im not wearing out my welcome...LOL

but now im looking for a FREE(i know..im cheap) Multiline engraving programme...or software

ok ..im not so cheap...im willing to pay

i just want to be able to create a multiple line text engraving so as to mass engrave small engraving plates..

so for all you guys who love nothing better than to sniff out the good software (at least reasonably priced)...here is your chance to help a newbie...

many thanks in advance

i really need software i can actually download

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New Challenge....Anyone care to assist
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 04:32:42 AM »
Hi Belin,

I think you are going to struggle to find free software that produces a good quality of multi-line engraving and layout.

OK it may be a Gold Card purchase but Vectric VCarvePro is so quick and easy to use that it pays for itself in the shortest possible time.

What software is it that you can’t actually download ??

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline belin

•  37 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 06:35:03 AM »
F_ENGRAVE i do like ...but i cant seem to hold the download on my computer...

i mean...its there...but i cant appear to open it or copy it to a portable device so as to transfer it to my CNC computer...(which is mnot connected to internet.)

im looking now at bot

ENGRAVELAB AND VECTRIC

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 07:55:09 AM »
Hi Belin,

EngraveLab is exactly what I would have liked but that requires a Platinum Card so Vectric was my next best choice. There may be some advantage of me upgrading from VCarve to Aspire but that will have to wait a while. Why am I always broke ?  :D

With F-Engrave you will need to download the win-zip file, un-zip it file then transfer the folder to your chosen computer. (Just as a tip it is better to run your CAD / CAM software on your main computer and leave your machine computer with just Mach3 and the minimum of anything you need).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 08:46:58 AM »
Berlin,
You need to think hard of what you plan on doing not only now but also in the future.
Take your time.
You can spend hours trying, downloading, learning different software. In the end most free stuff leaves something to be desired. I will say that exploring the different software has educational benefits.

FWIW,
RICH