Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:01:01 AM

Author Topic: Keygrabber question  (Read 4033 times)

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Keygrabber question
« on: February 03, 2007, 02:47:53 PM »
I installed a small numerical keypad, 17 keys, on the main door of my CNC lathe. I would like to be able to use this as a jog pad, which it does with the arrow buttons on the keys, and also use it for cycle start, stop, feedhold and coolant on/ off. With the keys on the door I can reach in and actually see the top of the tools when setting Z zero on the material, toolsetting, etc. Anyway, I tried to use keygrabber to set up the other keys for the cycle start, etc, and couldn't figure out how it works. I double clicked on the first line and it asked me to press a key, I do that and it appears on that line as that key. But, the problem is, what next? I clicked on the second text box alongside, then on the screen function I would like to make it emulate, but it doesen't work like that apparently. Thanks to all.
           DaveA

Hood

Re: Keygrabber question
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 02:57:43 PM »
You click on the first box like you did and press the button (key) you want for a function then you click on the next box on the  line and you press the scan code you want for that function. BTW the scan code is entered from the Keyboard just in case you were trying from your 17key pad.
Hood

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 03:01:17 PM »
Thanks Hood, where do I find the scan codes for each function?

Hood

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 03:08:29 PM »
Look in screen4 at the button you want and you will see the scan code, after that you have to find out from an ascii table to see what keyboard buttons are needed. For example D has a scan code of 68 in Decimal. Heres an ascii table  http://www.asciitable.com/
 Think there is also a list of scan codes in the customisation manual but I find screen4 quicker,, in fact usually I dont even bother looking up the table, I just press keys and usually you can work your way to the correct one fairly quickly.
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 08:40:23 PM »
Hey fellows,
    You can also test the scan codes in keygrabber.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!