Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:49:41 AM

Author Topic: Help for newbie  (Read 4056 times)

Help for newbie
« on: August 31, 2009, 11:01:12 AM »

I'm very new to cnc. Have a plasma table I build from a camcutcnc kit with a Lincoln's 25 plasma cutter. At first I was able to cut several of the sample gcodes using mach3 that came with kit Then got sheetcam to try some dxf files that's when everything went to sh...... :somehow I've change configuration in mach3 first while loading gcode the screen went to a blank screen.when I finally got back to main screen the lights next to x,y,z,and a wouldn't turn green.Again I was able to get X,Y,Z to turn green but not A.Now when after loading gcode and starting cycle it stops at M3 if I hit start again the gcode resumes but not the plasma.
I think M3 must turn on or off plasma cutter.This is how new I am don't know g or m codes and other term of the industry (e i  DRO'S ,THC,AND WORK OFFSETS to say a few)
CAN ANYONE MAKE SENSE OF MY PROBLEM AND HELP
THANKS
Lannie
Ross Rods & Racing   THE 55CHEVYGUY
Re: Help for newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 12:27:51 PM »
For what I understood of your problem, mach3 configuration was changed. There is a directory of previous configurations in xmlbackups in mach3 directory. Using on of those (perhaps one before the day you had problems) should solve your problem.
If not, you must try to understand the electrical connected to the pins that currently are associated with the M3 and so on.

Hop that helps
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 07:46:02 PM »
I didn't find xlm backups found plasma xlm files but know how to use them and really don't think this file is what you're talking about. see attachment..I also reinstalled mach 3 since trouble,sure that will make a difference.
Also noticed yellow lite blinking on dwell and spindle speed that's gcode gets to m3 and stops
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:54:24 PM by 55CHEVYGUY »
Ross Rods & Racing   THE 55CHEVYGUY
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »
Did you ever figure out your problem?  I am new to this too and cannot figure out how to get my camcutcnc machine to work.  Do you have any suggestions or can you tell me what you did to get it to work?  Thanks so much!