Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:09:21 PM

Author Topic: 3d probing not working  (Read 4164 times)

3d probing not working
« on: January 26, 2007, 12:12:08 AM »
Hi,
I'm new to cncs, and am having trouble with the 3d probing plugin in mach3. I get all the way to the press probe tip to test, and when I touch it, the reset goes off. If I bypass that step, and press start sequence operation, I get a no probe message. This is on a Taig cnc with their controller. It works with their software, but it's written in dos, and won't allow me to write on anything but the floppy that the program boots up from.

Can anyone help?

John
Re: 3d probing not working
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 08:47:38 AM »
Please hook up your probe, go to the diagnostics page. Now when you press the probe tip do you see the Probe LED turning on and off? Look to see that you don't have any other led's turning on and off. I think you have a pin setting problem

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 11:13:12 AM »
I'm in the diagnostics page, when I push the probe, the M3++Lim lights up.

Johm
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 11:24:22 AM »
You need to change you pin settings on the ports and pins page :) That will fix the problem

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 11:37:01 AM »
Hi Brian,

This is the first time I've attempted to use this cnc, and I am totally new to this technology. I have the probe plugged into the I/O port, but I don't know how to determine what settings I should change to. Thanks for your patience, once I get it, it should hopefully stick.

Thanks,
John
www.reichert-studios.com
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 12:24:23 PM »
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your help. Art emailed me some instructions, and I think it's worked out.

John