Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:59:50 PM

Author Topic: DRO problem???  (Read 10107 times)

Re: DRO problem???
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 01:41:38 PM »
Probably best to Save it to a Gcode Var (SetVar(500, Value) )that way it is directly available from inside the macro. IF you want it to be incremental  you would save it to a VAR in the range or 500-600 that way it is saved when you close down MAch3 and is available when you start back up to continue the SN string where you left off.

At the same time I would write the value to teh MACH3 staus bar so the OP can SEE what he actually typed in to verify it is correct BEFORE he makes a bad serial number.

(;-) TP

TP,

Thanks for all the direction.

I already thought about posting the value from the message to a "Label" in the screen for verification.

The status bar would be a good one also. It does kick out the number as it reads each sub, but a full value would be a nice catch htere.

I will post what I end up with when I get there.

PS. I am brand new to this Mach3 stuff, but so far digging it. It's kind of fun being able to manipulate things. I have a serial number program on the CNC Machining Center that uses macro variable with "sub" program calls. I don't think Mach3 uses sub-programs, but the "M" macros seem to suit the need the same, just a little differently.

Thanks,

Mike in MN

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »
MACH3 does use SUBs from inside the GCODE  M98 P? L?   Where P is the sub name  and it can be called from the sub directory where it is stored.

(;-) TP
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »
I will have to look into that. Either way I would still need a variable to be input via the screen, so the approach I am taking may be better suited for this platform.

We will see how it evolves.

Thank you,

Mike in MN