Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:53:14 PM

Author Topic: Newbie: issues regarding limits, e-stop and backlash comp  (Read 8673 times)

Re: Newbie: issues regarding limits, e-stop and backlash comp
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 03:24:52 PM »
Well looks like there is something wrong.

I removed the SS from the machine, put the XML file on my laptop and installed the required plugins.

The BOB was no-where near the SS, only thing connected was a microswitch on pin 1 of port 3( aux I/O)

E-stop declared on port 2 pin 3 but not actually connected.

Just pressing the limit switch MAch returned the limit tripped msg.

Virtually jogged and pressed the limit....same thing I was getting in the other setup. E-stop triggered.

I also installed the revision F of the plugin and got exactly the same response.

So I have eliminated all variables except the SS.

Anybody have any ideas? Do I have a defective SS?

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »
Start with a brand new profile. I've seen a corrupt profile do all sorts of strang things.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »
So having been in contact with Greg, the following has become clear:

The LPT has a different behaviour when the limits are tripped to how the SS handles them. He is aware of the difference and he has the fix on his list but not a priority.

Greg modified the plugin to fix the issue I was having with the e-stop being declared when the limits were hit too. So BIG UP TO THE MAN!

Most of this thread has been to try gain an understanding on how the SS differs from the LPT. Hopefully, it will help others that are making the switch.

Jeff, thanks for sticking with it too.

Now, does anybody have a video of the SS working with backlash compensation? It seems that mine is working when I compare the Mach DRO and the physical DRO on my machine but I do not get the jerk with the change in direction that I have come to know from the LPT.