Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:32:13 AM

Author Topic: Y axis stalling  (Read 8587 times)

Hood

Y axis stalling
« on: February 06, 2006, 03:15:46 PM »
Hi, I have a very strange one here, I have been using the PhotVcarve program to do a few engravings, I did a picture of a Buzzard and it came out good but decided to do a finer version and that is where my problem made itself known as you can see from the pic below. I thought possibly the code output from PhotoVcarve was wrong but looking at it there is no problem. I ran the same code today and exactly the same problem happened at exactly the same place, I looked at my ballscrew on the Y axis and it had some chips on it so I stripped and cleaned and put it back. I then ran the code again and exactly the same again. I rewound and ran back over three times and each time I could see the Y stopping and then carrying on again. I then single blocked and it ran OK then again ran at normal speed and again the fault.
 Anyone have any thoughts on this, especially as it is exactly the same spot every time, even if I move the X0 Y0 so that its a different part of the table/ballscrew that is being used when the error happens.
Hood
Re: Y axis stalling
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 03:42:04 PM »
What are you running the feed over ride at?? 
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 03:44:54 PM »
The feedrate is 1000mm/min and no override.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 04:17:40 PM »
Is this a stepper machine? if so try turning down your acceleration

www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 04:22:35 PM »
Yes its a stepper and will try turning down the accel tomorrow, but really if that is the problem should it not show up before that, it is 30793 lines of code into the program and always on that line.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 04:29:20 PM »
It would be some VERY odd move that is right on the edge of the machines ability to do the the move... I have had this happen to me in the past with a stepper mill...

www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 04:38:05 PM »
I have the  Y axis rapids at 2M/min and X 4M/min and they have been run faster, so 1M/min should be within its capabilities. Also the angle is exactly the same for all the lines so its not as if its changing course thats causing the problem. This is strange, think tomorrow I will turn down the accel like you suggest, then if no change will hook up another computer and also might try swapping the X and Y geckos. If you have any other suggestions of things to swap/replace/try please shout out.
Thanks
  Hood

Art

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 04:51:58 PM »
Hi:

Check the backlash is not on as well, Its not likely given the symptom but I though Id check..

Art

Hood

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 04:54:41 PM »
OK, it shouldn't be on as I have never set it up but brought the XML home with me so I will go load it on this computer and check.
Thanks
 Hood

Hood

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 05:02:46 PM »
Just checked, backlash is off, but thanks for the suggestion.
Hood