Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:18:01 PM

Author Topic: engraving  (Read 8138 times)

engraving
« on: May 25, 2011, 04:59:34 PM »
Hi, i'm new in this so please be patient with me , i been trying to start the engraving aplication on lazy cam ,i write the text and an icon below the text says ''DRAG TEXT''  there's no way that the program allow me to drag anything in to the blue screen ,i'm i doing something wrong ? , and in the wizards in mach 3 'text is just not loaded in to the program any advise ?

Thanks
Re: engraving
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 06:02:13 PM »
After clicking the Drag Text box, position the cursor in the blue fiend, left click and drag to make a box or rectangle and release the button. The text will then fill the box or rectangle.

In the WRITE wizard, enter your text, set the size and positions, pick a font then hit the WRITE button and it should post the code to Mach.

Russ

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 06:40:34 PM »
Have a look at the LC manual ....Tutorial #4 -TEXT ....page 63.
RICH
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 08:36:03 AM »
I am a new user also and found this a little tricky. You have to keep holding the mouse button down when you drag the text. Just put the mouse cursor on the blue screen and click and hold. The larger you make the drag box the larger your text will come out. I can't find a way to make the text come out a  specific size. You can download free software of single line fonts (stick fonts)  that lets you do the sizing and will give you a center line only tool path. I export the text from the free software into my drawing package to put it on my blank size and export the text with the blank as the dxf I want to bring into Lazy cam.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 11:46:18 AM »
I am a new user also and found this a little tricky. You have to keep holding the mouse button down when you drag the text. Just put the mouse cursor on the blue screen and click and hold. The larger you make the drag box the larger your text will come out. I can't find a way to make the text come out a  specific size. You can download free software of single line fonts (stick fonts)  that lets you do the sizing and will give you a center line only tool path. I export the text from the free software into my drawing package to put it on my blank size and export the text with the blank as the dxf I want to bring into Lazy cam.

Have looked for stick fonts with only marginal success.  Where did you find them

Thanks

Bob@BobsShop
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 11:06:01 AM »
I am using one program called cad-kas font 2dxf. I did a search on stick fonts and a couple of choices came up. I also found that if using this software you call our for a non-stick font and set the thickness to say 1/4 inch you can go into lazy cam and offsett inside the letter with a 1/8 cutter and the end results are also very good. This way will give you more font options but it does take some time and practice. For some reason you have to zoom in on the chain when doing the offsett for it to work inside as wanted. Once you see the offsett remove the original chain while it is still selected. This helps get rid of the confusion of what to remove later. Hope this helps.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »
The cad-kas was about 100 bucks. The other program that was free was something like stick fonts.
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 03:50:44 PM »
I'm a fairly complete noob with Mach 3 & Lazy Cam but, I have a CNC laser engraver with software that allows me to import .jpg images, lets me size them, and turns them into code. All I have to do is establish where zero is for that particular application and hit "start".

Now however, I need to engrave in aluminum and have turned to Mach 3 with Lazy Cam on a small 4 axis machine and am lost... Why can't I have it NOW!?!?!  ;D I just want to find a WYSIWYG software That will work like my laser software, or figure out a workaround in M3/LC.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 08:24:03 AM »
Why can't I have it NOW!?!?!
I don't know what you mean or want.

WYSIWYG software That will work like my laser software
Don't know what your software does and assume you just want something simple. There are programs that will
take an image and convert to them to Gcode.  LC has a module but never fooled with it much a along time ago.
All the wsyiwyg results are something to be desired.Maybe someone will post a free one here for you to try.

If you don't have a license for MACH you will limited on the number of lines of gcode it will run.

RICH