Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:53:48 AM

Author Topic: Communication problems!  (Read 4034 times)

Communication problems!
« on: October 03, 2012, 07:58:30 PM »
I bought a homemade CNC router about a year ago. It has worked great until about 3 months ago the main computer started to act funny. i had it checked out and backed up. Nothing was wrong with it. The main computer and driver computer sat for about a month before i had time to hook it back up to do some routing. To my surprise, it would not work. I am using Mach 3 to run the machine on Windows 2000 professional operating system. When i turn on the driver computer i hear the axis motors start up. I open Mach 3 and turn off the E-Stop and go to jog, the axis motors don't move, but on Mach 3 it shows the axis moving... I have checked my connects and exhausted my local resources. Does anyone have any ideas?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Communication problems!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 03:05:29 AM »
Check that you have the correct address specified for your parallel port and also that the port is indeed working. Also check you ports and pins configuration data.
It may also be worth checking your parallel cable for continuity.

Some more details of your system, drivers etc may be helpful in identifying the problem.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Communication problems!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 10:36:08 PM »
The address for the port matches the the one specified in mach 3. In the computer>control panel>system>device manager>ports. and i check the port and it says the device is working properly. In the driver computer there is a Geko stepping drivers with a C11G multi function CNC board. On the machine are 2-phase stepping motors that turn screw rods. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks!