Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:48:01 AM

Author Topic: How to make z tool cut deeper on the fly.....  (Read 2786 times)

How to make z tool cut deeper on the fly.....
« on: September 28, 2012, 11:01:45 AM »
I am cutting wood products, so there's little concern for tool breakage.  I set my Z to touch the work stock before I start cutting.  However, at times due to mild warping, the toolsdoes not fully cut through the work.
Other than changing the length in G code to a longer depth,  is there an easy way to do it with Mach on a temporary basis?  I know I can "fake" the z number before regenerating the toolpath, but then I cannot ever use the "go to zero" because the tool would dig into the surface.
Thanks in advance.
tc

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: How to make z tool cut deeper on the fly.....
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 02:10:57 PM »
You can fake the 0 as you refer to. You need to set your clearance higher and man the Estop.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »
All gcode relates to a NON changing surface. There is no easy way that i am aware of to address a changing surface.

RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »
It may be possible to use the Torch Height control intended for Plasma, you can set the max distance allowed to jog and can set up hotkeys to do the jogging but whether its a good idea or not I will leave that up to you to decide ;D
Hood
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 07:04:54 PM »
Hi,
I would use g52 Z-....   :)
Alex