Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:19:41 AM

Author Topic: Want to update DROs from encoder input in manual mode  (Read 3007 times)

Want to update DROs from encoder input in manual mode
« on: September 24, 2012, 08:42:21 PM »
Hi everyone.

I installed ball screws and stepper motors to control XYZ axis in a milling machine. I also installed rotary ecoders on each axis.

The idea is to be able to use the machine in manual mode (moving the axis using the handles and not the steppers) and have Mach to show the actual table position on the DROs.

I've searched the forum and found a lot of people that wanted to do this, but I still couldn't figure it out.

Please help. Thanks a lot.

Re: Want to update DROs from encoder input in manual mode
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 08:45:07 PM »
I want to add that I do get the input from the encoders on the Settings page, although I would like to update the DROs on the main page while in manual mode.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 09:07:53 PM »
You need to create a seperate page to use as a manual machine.  That way you can setup USERdros to SHOW the positions the same as the main screen shows the Axis movement dros (OEM).

(;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 09:37:58 PM »
Great!
Thanks!

One more thing.
How do I update the DROs back and forth when switching from the Main to the 'Manual mode' Screen?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 10:18:41 PM »
You don't when in manual mode you will have to disable the axis drives. at that point the main screen dros won't mean anything. So you switch over to the manual screen There you will see manual movemnet of the axis .

When you are ready to go back to CNC you switch back to the main screen and reenable the drives then ref/home them and away you go.

You manual screen will have to have all the gizmos you want or need to run manually.

(;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 10:49:07 PM »
Thanks a lot!!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 03:11:24 AM »
Could it be a problem if you turn the motor (in manual mode) and the drive are connected to the motor?

Motor will produce current

Jeff