Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:42:41 AM

Author Topic: limits and homing  (Read 2590 times)

Offline GT390

•  16 16
    • View Profile
limits and homing
« on: September 23, 2012, 07:15:30 PM »
I have managed to get my Hurco under power and moving, I have got the limits set up and machine is homing to x- and y- limit then backing off a little
I would like to home to a postion about an inch or so off the limit, how do I set this up, I have tried entering the +1 or +2 in the homing cordinates box, but this has no effect

Also having real trouble trying to set up the soft limits, keep getting an error message when I try to switch them on, something like "limits are not in range"

I have 24" travel on x, have tried setting the soft limits to min 0 , max 23, wont let me enable them, what am I doing wrong

thanks

Offline GT390

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Re: limits and homing
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 10:35:31 AM »
I am still having real trouble trying to get past this point, I have read thge manual and watched the video several times, cant see what I am doing wrong.
Most likely it is something simple that I am missing !

just get the error "machine is out of limits for softlimit activation"

I have set soft limits in inches at soft  Y min 0 max 22, X min0 max 12.5, Z min 0 max -4.5

Have tried inputting different settings, machine is homming to the limits as it should

Offline GT390

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Re: limits and homing
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 10:52:35 AM »
Finally !, and it was a simple mistake, my Z max and min where the wrong way around ! Doh!