Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:16:51 PM

Author Topic: Totally lost  (Read 6349 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Totally lost
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »
It might be the quickest way but as said it is fine with your xml and a USB SS so cant see it being a Mach issue. Could be a ESS plugin issue though.
One other thing you could try is delete all plugins from the folder except the ESS just in case there is an issue or conflict there.
Actually best is just to rename the plugin folder to OldPlugin then make a new one called Plugins and copy over the ESS plugin to it, that way you still have all the other plugins if you need them.

Hood
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 09:51:04 PM »
That is strange. I had a program loaded in lathe that refused to see the last line with M30. When I opened the editor (notepad) the M30 was scripted but when I hit save changes the Gcode display on the Mach screen in lathe did not show the line at all...basically not showing??? Could only get back to top of program by hitting rewind. Can you do a "start from here" if you move to another line or is it just stuck until you reload/re-start from scratch?

You must hit RETURN after the M30 while in the editor.
Many folks put a % on the following line to be assured.
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 12:46:17 PM »
That is strange. I had a program loaded in lathe that refused to see the last line with M30. When I opened the editor (notepad) the M30 was scripted but when I hit save changes the Gcode display on the Mach screen in lathe did not show the line at all...basically not showing??? Could only get back to top of program by hitting rewind. Can you do a "start from here" if you move to another line or is it just stuck until you reload/re-start from scratch?

Seems like the second time you advised me to hit return...I must be alittle slow on that concept lol. Tanks

You must hit RETURN after the M30 while in the editor.
Many folks put a % on the following line to be assured.
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 11:43:59 AM »
Finally found the problem,
it was in the G54 fixture,
I zero'd all the G54 settings and the mill is again running as before.

Thanks Hood and all for your help
Have fun,
Ted

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 01:09:21 PM »
Glad to hear your sorted :)
Hood
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 01:09:55 PM »
Nice work! I am special Ed/G-code for dummies level, so can someone explain what that G54 does? I have only wrote G code for the lathe and all that was self taught reading self help books.

Thanks,
Robert

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 01:21:33 PM »
G54 is the default work offset and is the value you normally see in the DROs in Mach. The only time you wont see G54 there is if you have called one of the other 252 offsets or you have pressed the machine coordinates button to view them.

Short explanation of machine versus g54 would be
You start Mach and press Ref All and your machine homes and sets the machine coords, usually zero. You then jog to where you want your work offset zero to be and zero the DROs, you have now just set the G54 offset. There are another 252 offsets that can be called and zeroed in a similar fashion but mostly you will be in G54
Hood