Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:09:23 AM

Author Topic: GCODE rendering in mach3 all messed up  (Read 4587 times)

GCODE rendering in mach3 all messed up
« on: September 13, 2012, 01:49:33 PM »
Hi All

I have ran into a strange bug in mach3 GCODE rendering. I have installed the same version (R3.043.022) on a Laptop(win 7) and on a normal desktop(win xp) pc.
When i load the gcode into mach3 on the laptop, the code renders just fine, and one can see all the outlines perfectly.
When i load the same code into mach3 on the desktop, i get the strangest rendering one has ever seen. Its like a small child has taken a pink crayon and made a few hundred circles over the middle of the CGODE outlines.

I have attatched both screenshots of the laptop and the desktop. The problem can be seen miles away. My actual cnc is connected to the Desktop running win xp.

Hopefully someone has dealt with this problem before, and can sort me out . This problem has driven me crazy for weeks now.
If i proceed to run the cgode, the outer two elliptical lines seem to be executed correctly, but after this, the actual writing seem to be confusing mach3. The head then just proceed to run in circles all the times as it is following the strange circles in the middle of the drawing/GCODE. On the laptop, the code executes and follow the lines perfectly as it should.

How can the same GCODE on the same version get rendered so differently/faulty.. ??? :'(

Thanx all
Baffled Mach3 user ???

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: GCODE rendering in mach3 all messed up
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 01:52:50 PM »
More than likely the IJ settings on the Desktop are wrong and you are getting crop circles.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:46:39 AM »
Hi BR549

I have read this bout the settings on another post as well. Again i`m in the dark. What excatly do you mean by settings on the desktop. The sign before the settings on the desktop i have seen before , but i have no idea what it means. If you can elaborate on this, i would learn something more.

Thanx
Andre

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 03:00:24 AM »
Terry is meaning your desktop computer has the IJ setting wrong. Go to Config menu then General Config and near the middle you will see IJ mode, change that to the opposite setting and then regenerate your toolpath.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 03:09:00 AM »
O, ok , i see what you mean. I have played with this setting before, but had no idea exactly what it was suppose to do.

Thanx , Terry and Hood ...problem solved

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 03:18:06 AM »
The wrong IJ mode could be avoided if your code had the correct IJ mode in it, that way it would automatically set the correct mode no matter what Mach is set to as default.
G90.1 is Abs IJ mode and G91.1 is Incremental IJ. So as said if your code had one or the other (depends on how code is written) at the beginning it would automatically set the IJ mode correctly for that code.
Hood