Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:58:38 PM

Author Topic: HELP Please  (Read 4755 times)

HELP Please
« on: January 18, 2007, 02:24:44 AM »
I have just bought a brand new HP Desktop computer to use with Mach 3.  I have only loaded Mach 3 (latest version) onto the PC straight out of the box and run the driver test after re-booting and I am getting a weird result as attached (the first image).

The PC specs are Pentium 4 519(3.06GHz) 512MB DDR2 80GB ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Integrated Windows XP Pro.

The real strange thing is another member of the CNCZone bought exactly the same machine from the same vendor 1 days later and his driver test looks ok (see second image)

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks

David
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 02:27:12 AM by dacostad »

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: HELP Please
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 02:58:53 AM »
Is the other person using a wireless network?

Graham.

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 08:14:35 AM »
IT looks like your computer is looking for a network speed... set it to only be 10Mb/sec That should fix it... and you can look to see what is on in MSconfig.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 09:35:36 AM »
The other person is not running any network yet, I am running wired.  I did try setting it to 10Mbs from Auto, which is what you see in the picture.

Since then I reformatted the computer and restored back to factory and loaded Mach 3.  The network is currently set back to auto,  but I will set it back to 10Mbs, but I don't think that will resolve the problem as I tested it again with no network connected which is the same as the other person.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 09:36:40 AM »
Also the other person has no disabled anything in MSConfig,  but I have also tried disabling everything in the startup tab to no effect.

David
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 10:52:53 AM »
The network is looking for the speed of a network that you may hookup... Disable the Nic stuff in the Device Manager and see if that helps.. IF so we can see how to get the Nic to work with it after that.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 11:23:36 AM »
No luck Brian, see attached results