Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:55:39 PM

Author Topic: CNC Dolphins  (Read 6361 times)

CNC Dolphins
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:03:03 PM »
Hi Guys

Has anyone an idea about this PartMaster by Dolphins? It Claims that it adds a CAD/CAM hardware/software combination to Mach2 so you can manipulate your drawings and control Mach operations at the same time and the price is really good, or so i understood.

Here is the link:  http://www.dolphin.zenwebhosting.com/mach2.htm

Good day all

Art

Re: CNC Dolphins
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:06:54 PM »
Hi:

I know of many people runnign dolphin, I havent heard of any complaints, looks like a nice system, I dont use much CAD myself, but Dolphin
does look like a good one..

Art
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 03:23:18 PM »
Thanks Art

Any more feedback from PartMaster's users?

Art

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 04:32:30 PM »
I havent used it myself,, except as a quick test, but it is impressive in how it does its work.
I think theres a demo , you shoudl probably give it a whirl..

Art

Offline John S

•  111 111
  • Nottingham England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 04:44:17 PM »
Yes,
I use it all the while.
Just programmed a 7 tooth conveyor sprocket tonight and a curved stainless arkie type piece that the laser cutters did wrong and they are too expensive to scrap.
I have to pick the three curved slots up and machine them the right size.
The sprocket and the stainless slots are for tomorrow in the shop.

Willing to answer more questions if given an idea.

John S.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 06:53:22 PM »
If Art says it's Impressive then it has to be.

John, Thank you, my main concern is the way it integrates with Mach3, i think Mach is a very powerful piece of software but it lacks friendly user interface, what i want to do is to offer the package for my future customers as a pre configured system with maximum 3 screens one showing a large toolpath area, One for basic setup and the last one for basic diag. My question is will PartMaster work within Mach3 environment such as rotating, resizing, and creating shapes within the toolpath area (Live interaction) or it will act as a post processor? like let's say "Vcarve"?

Also a wishlist for Art: is it possible to add an option where one can delete un used screens and make custom installable copies of the software where we include all rquired set up files and graphics, screens. registration key, etc..? for instance if the software needs to be re installed by the customer all they have to do is pop up the installation CD double click an icon and they get the machine up and running as they got it on day one. this is not to limit their options but mainly to prevent them from causing damage to the machine or themselves (Safer machines)

Offline John S

•  111 111
  • Nottingham England
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 07:04:17 PM »
Partmaster will not work within Mach3 but as a stand alone package supplying the G code via it's post processor.
For a lot of simple parts you can use Brian Barkers new fangled solutions wizards inside Mach3 to get a seamless package.

When you say it lacks a user friendly interface that is because it has a default set of screens.
You can have any display you want if you use the screen designer and work on it.
Have a look at the thread on this group started by Benny of a coil winding machine, that's Mach3 under the lid.

John S.
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 07:05:39 PM »
Hello,

I use PartMaster and I love it!  It is the only affordable CAD/CAM software with REAL Lathe support.

It generates GCODE, which is then loaded into MACH1/2/3

They have a post that supports cutter comp with MACH and very good support.

You can get a free eval that is good for 10 cycles, so just give it a try.  If you download the free PartMaster CAD, you can learn much of what you need to know before getting into the 10 'saves' that come with the eval.

There is a Doplhin Yahoo group too.

-James
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 07:24:15 PM »
It sounds good to me, thank you guys, I will give it a try first thing in the morning tomorrow, Time now in Bahrain is around 3:30 AM
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 09:17:42 AM »
I also use Partmaster and I have found it very easy to use, as for postprocessing it to Mach that is no bother even making changes to a drawing and rerunning it is quick once you get the hang of it. the other plus is the support through the Yahoo group you couldnt fault it especially when like me you are starting out. I presume you have a machine is it a conversion or did you build it.