Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:37:31 AM

Author Topic: PWM Spindle Fluctuation  (Read 9032 times)

Offline SScnc

•  77 77
    • View Profile
Re: PWM Spindle Fluctuation
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 05:15:59 AM »
I'm getting 10V from the VFD. But like I said only around 7V out. Picture attached.

Offline SScnc

•  77 77
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 05:03:57 PM »
I have a hunch the Digispeed is the problem. I uninstalled Mach and reverted back to two previous versions. And both versions acted exactly the same. I really need this fixed.
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 09:47:22 PM »
Hi there,
just a thought.Can it be possible that the power source voltage drops when the axes moves?
I found something similar when I tested something. This caused that the voltage dropped.
In other words, the votage drops below 13 V ( in my case ) and than the PWM output voltage
drops also below 10 V
Alex

Offline SScnc

•  77 77
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 07:40:08 PM »
My VFD supplies the 10VDC and it's constant, no variance. I'm almost sure its the Digispeed. If I don't figure it out soon, it's getting pulled out and I will go to CNC4PC.
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 11:25:05 PM »
Hi,

I couldn't see anything wrong with the jumper settings. The fact it works when the axes are not moving indicates that it is unlikely to be the DigiSpeed. If the system is generating sufficient noise to interfere with the PWM signal to the DigiSpeed, then that is an issue that should be addressed. Without an oscilloscope to see what is going on with the PWM signal from Mach3, it is very difficult to determine the cause of the problem.

Do you have an index sensor connected? And do you have spindle closed loop control selected. If so this be causing a problem.

In the end, if you can't get it to work, or are not happy with it, return it and I will refund the cost of the DigiSpeed.

Cheers,

Peter

----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline SScnc

•  77 77
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 05:56:18 PM »
Peter, unfortunately I was forced to replace the DigiSpeed with a C41 from CNC4PC because I just couldn't get it to work properly. After swapping the two boards, my spindle fluctuation is gone. It's a shame too because what drew me into the Digispeed was the built in circuitry to hook up an index sensor.

I will be sending you an email shortly about returning the DigiSpeed.