Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:26:36 AM

Author Topic: Axis moving without me telling it to.  (Read 7093 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Axis moving without me telling it to.
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 03:35:47 PM »
Can you give me a link to the kit you bought?
Hood
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
The breakout board is connected to the computer with two ribbon cables going to two separate parallel ports on the computer.
As far as outputs #10 and 19 I have no idea what they are for the "diagnostics screen" only shows 6 outputs.
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 04:04:39 PM »
Ok so it is parallel port, that at least eliminates some other controller issue.
Your MPG is enabled but ports and pins are set to 0 so I suspect there must be some additional board used to connect the MPG. I will have a look at their site and see if I can find any info but to me it sounds like your MPG is the problem.
One important bit of info would be if you know whether the axis DROs moved as the axis was taking off? If they were then Mach was sending them but if they were not then it has to be noise.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »
Looks like it may be via a Machmotion plugin, think you are going to have to contact them for info as I have no knowledge of their plugin.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
I will contact them in the morning and if you would like I'll let you know what they say.
Thanks for your help talk to you tomorrow.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 04:24:15 PM »
Yes that would be good if you would.
Do you remember if the DROs moved when the axis was moving on its own?
BTW looks to be quite a well thought out product, 24v I/O and differential Step/Dir signals.
I think noise is unlikely after seeing that as both of these features are very noise immune.
I think it is likely a plugin issue.
Hood
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 03:50:14 PM »
Sorry about taking so long to get back with you but I've been busy, as maintenance men should be.
Called Mach Motion this morning and they we're as mystified as we were. but they are sending me a new control panel, which is what you eluded to. So hopefully that will solve my problem.
This morning when I turned on the machine and reset the software E-Stop the Y axis took off.
The machine was a little more stable today but I think I have learned a new trick. When you look at the control panel you have one switch on the right side to control feedrate and a switch on the left side to set it in either jog mode or different incremental steps for the hand wheel. If I leave my feedrate turned up above 25% when I'm using small steps in the incremental handwheel it is more responsive (quicker reacting both starting an stopping).
I hope that makes sense. I don't like having to keep an eye on my switch positions like that, its tough for my little brain.
When the new board comes in it will not have a handwheel, it has been replaced with buttons instead. I'm used to using a handwheel to touch off. My last job I operated Rollomatic CNC Grinders and they were sweet machines this is a step back when it comes to how much control you have and rigidity of the system. I'll just have to toughen up.
Thanks for your help and I hope to talk to you more in the future.
Clear Skies
Rich

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 05:05:22 PM »
Yes a MPG is a must on all my machines, wouldnt be without one.
Just wondering if for some reason the reverse of the jog wheel is sort of getting stuck and seeing continuous pulses and thus running away.
Hopefully it will work out with the new one.
Hood
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 03:56:11 PM »
Installed new control panel with MPG on a pendant.  Works great so far, whole different machine.
AC servos not making noises while sitting stationary. Touching off on part much smoother going.
No more Modbus Errors."Its off to cuttin metal"
Thanks for your help.
Rich

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 04:21:31 PM »
Thanks for getting back and good to hear your issues are solved.
Hood