Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:33:15 AM

Author Topic: HELP!!! Mach won't work after update  (Read 7634 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!! Mach won't work after update
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 08:07:45 AM »
No, it is in the main folder and will have the name of the profile you are using and a xml file extension.
You will likely need to copy it to another location then rename so that the forum will accept it, the forum only accepts a file name once so unless yours is unique then it will be rejected.
If you rename it to banks148.xml then you should be able to attach it. To attach you use the additional options on the reply page to browse to the renamed file.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 08:21:24 AM »
Ok, think this is it... Let mer know if I screwed up somehow, and (knock on wood) - thanks so much for helping me w this

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 08:41:52 AM »
Ok no help from me you are using a Pirate Licence and that is why you have so many problems.
Have fun

Hood
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 08:54:07 AM »
What!?! No, I had a kid who was working for me download the old version but I paid for it - I 1000% paid for it! How is it a pirated license? Crapcrapcrap, I absolutely had no clue: as you can tell I'm not very computer litrate, hence having another person download it initially. Sorry again to impose, but since I will obviously be buying a licensed version ASAP, are there any issues w having had the pirated version installed? If I uninstall everything and start w a clean slate there won't be any problems w a new installation of the software. And, honestly: thank you for your time and for clearing all of this up for me - very much appreciated

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 05:46:45 PM »
but I paid for it - I 1000% paid for it!
How much and paid to who may I ask, the kid, a vendor, Artsoft?

I truly believe you paid money for it as you said .............money has no conscience though.  ;)

RICH

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 09:05:16 PM »
Yeah, that seriously took me by surprise! I had someone working for me while I was doing a  lot of travelling. Being leery of internet purchases (this was a whhhhiiilllleee ago), I would only use a card connected directly to an account that I'd keep relatively small amounts of money in, so - on the off/paranoid-chance - someone accessed the account my liability would be minor (this was at a point where I was dealing w fairly large amounts being deposited/saved in my primary account, so - to repeat - I'd get paranoid, since large amounts of money were/are totally foreign concepts to me). Long story short, I think this kid was supposed to have  deposited cash into the small account, or at least he was supposed to, but instead pocketed the cash and installed the pirated version. Probably apparent from my previous posts but computer literate I ain't, hence putting off updating the software/discovering this problem. Needless to say, I went ahead and got a legitimate license straight after Hood explained the issue (for which I'm absolutely grateful), and Scott from Artsoft was kind enough to expedite my order so I've now (literally) gotten the new/real version up and running.
But....
I'm still experiencing the same or similar issues that I described before. I'm making it past the demo cut-off point, but the scale of the image Is miniscule compared to the dims set in the cam file. Again, I'm running the exact configuration I'd set-up on the bogus version, so I'm still unclear on what the issue is. From everything that I can tell, w my admittedly limited grasp on mach, everything's setup as it should be. But here I am, stuck w the same (though very slightly updated) version of my original issue. Again, any help from anyone would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks in advance
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »
After  loading your program and zeroing the axes start point to your project, try hitting 'Regen. Toolpath' and let us know if your display image changes size.

Regards,
John Champlain
www.picengrave.com
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 10:25:45 PM by Picengraver »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 03:31:14 AM »
Attach the latest xml and the code you are trying to use and maybe the problem can be found.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 10:45:46 AM »
but the scale of the image Is miniscule

Change of the limits in config should cure ..... but post the xml and Hood can have a look.
RICH