Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:36:09 AM

Author Topic: Axis moving without me telling it to.  (Read 7092 times)

Axis moving without me telling it to.
« on: July 31, 2012, 12:20:40 PM »
Hello all, I am new to this so please excuse.
While touching off on the side of my part with an edge finder using the MPG on my Mach3 control panel I was moving the table on my mill in the positive direction when i stopped turning the knob my table decides to move in the negative direction till it tripped my limit switch( i was working close to the machine limit so it didn't have far to go, about an inch).
Now the other day it tried to do the same thing and I was at the other side of the table but it still started to move in the negative direction crashing my edge finder.
If I hit the E-Stop it quits moving till I release the E-Stop and then it starts moving again. I have to exit the program.
I have also experenced simillar issue with the Z axis, once burying my countersink deep into to table. I also lost a center drill once.
This seems to happen when I'm touching off on a part.
Could use some advice on what to look for.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Axis moving without me telling it to.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
Attach your xml and I will have a look at your config but could be noise.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »
Like I said I'm new, your going to have to tell me what an "xml" is.
Thanks for your reply.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 01:42:57 PM »
Ok
Open Mach and look lower right at the profile name.
Close Mach then go to your Mach3 folder on your drive and look for a file with that name and a xml extension. Copy it to your desktop and rename to Maintman.xml then use the additional options on the reply page to attach it to the forum.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 01:57:02 PM »
I had already found the file when I came back and saw your reply, I do believe there is a noise problem.
When they built the machine they ran the motor power and encoder cables on the same conduit.
It does appear the cables are shielded properly and I could see there being a problem if the machine was under a load.
But thats not the case here or am I wrong?Let me know of any other information I can provide.
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 02:04:30 PM »
Seems you are using Machmotion stuff, what controller is it as it doesnt seem to be the parallel port.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 02:23:22 PM »
I assume that your asking about the Mach3 controller. If that's not the right answer you will have to elaborate more on what information you need.
The breakout board is an IO6 appears to be a newer version because it wasn't in the documentation that came with the machine. I had to go to MachMotion to get documentation to hookup the mist control.
What were you particularly looking for in the "xml" file that could have spelled trouble if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 02:42:51 PM »
Does your control hook to the computer via a parallel port or via something else4, ie USB or Ethernet?
I am not sure what to look for in the xml, I just look through it to see if I can find anything that may be conflicting and causing issues.
Often it can be plugins conflicting or brains/macropump issues.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 02:46:48 PM »
What are you using Output10 and Output 19 for?
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 03:33:55 PM »
I Know its getting late for you and its going to be a little while before I can get you an answer to your questions because the computer is in a enclosure that is not easily accessed so if you don't mind I probably need to continue this conversation tomorrow.
Once again thank-you for your help.
 My drives are connected to the breakout board then connected to the computer. How it is connected to the computer I will have to look. This is a three axis Hurco KM3P machine retrofitted with Teco drives. Mach3 is my controller.
Thanks