Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:19:32 PM

Author Topic: How to make soft limits stay on in Mach3  (Read 12230 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: How to make soft limits stay on in Mach3
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »
Open Mach and lower right you will see the name of the profile you are using. Look in the Mach3 folder for a file with that name and a xml file extension. Copy it to your desktop and rename it to  tlbokc.xml then use the additional options button on the reply page to browse your computer and attach the file to the forum.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 04:59:31 PM »
I am having trouble posting this. Sorry for the delay (its telling me I have already posted the file, so I renamed it). Attached is the XML file tlbokc.xml

Thanks,  tlbokc
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 05:04:01 PM »
I have tried to post this twice. Maybe the third time...
OK, I'll try to realign the angles.  I have been hesitant to try because the angle are 2" x 3" x 3/16" and I don't know if I can get them any straighter (pictures attached).  The problem was made worse by the fact that they used top guide bearing and side guide bearings. As a first measure, I have backed off the side guide bearings. They were actually fighting the stepper motors through the arcs.  The problem is now much improved.  As for realignment, I would need a very accurate 8 ft straight edge, assuming the angles can be flexed into a straight path. Anyway, I will give this challenge further consideration.

Regarding the soft limits, I found the XML file on the drive computer.  It is attached to the previous post. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, tlbokc

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 05:10:21 PM »
Ok had a quick look at the xml and you are indeed, as Russ wondered, using a custom screenset. It is likely that the Ref All button contatins the extra code to disable the soft limits.
Can you go to Operator menu then Edit Button Scripts and then the RefAll button should be flashing, click on it then copy the text in it and paste it to the forum.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 06:06:57 PM »
Here is the text in the "Ref All Home" button script:

DoButton( 24 )
DoButton( 23 )
DoButton( 22 )
While IsMoving
Wend
DoButton( 29 )

Thanks,  tlbokc

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 06:18:42 PM »
Delete from While IsMoving to DoButton(29)
That is what is causing your problem as DoButton(29) is the Softlimits toggle button.
Hood
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 01:42:04 PM »
Hood,

Thanks a million! Pulling out the "While IsMoving, Wend, DoButton( 29 )" corrected the problem.  Now the soft limits stay on when I hit "Ref All Home" to reset my XYZ home.  This will save us from hitting the switches when jogging and doing setups. 

Thanks again!

tlbokc

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
Regarding making your angle iron rails straight. No need for a long straight edge.
Looks as though all you need to do is fasten a taught string from one end to the other along side the rails nearly touching them.
 Keep the two ends fastened down. Loosen the middle bolts and force the middle section  until the rail is evenly spaced along the string.

As for aligning the rails to each other, equal corner to corner measurements should square it up good enough..

Sage