Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:51:51 AM

Author Topic: Controller doesn't recognize Mach3 at all.  (Read 5127 times)

Controller doesn't recognize Mach3 at all.
« on: January 10, 2007, 10:37:34 PM »
I recently purchased new mill, and have spent a long time on the phone with the mills support person. My problem is that Mach3 does not recognize the mill controller at all. The offline light just keeps on blinking, no response from the mill at all. My computer is new but its not a dedicated computer. I'm just trying to get the mill to start up. My computer did not have a parallel port so I installed a parallel card.  I've gone to config, ports and pins in Mach3 and set my port address to DF00 which is the ports address. Mill support tells me that Mach3 will not recognize DF00 as a valid port address, which is why Mach3 will not recognize the controller.  I did try 2 other computers. Another desktop with same port address, and a laptop with a 378 port address. No response on any of them.  This is my first experience with a mill and Mach3, and I'm just wondering if this sounds like a port problem to you. Any input is appreciated.
Re: Controller doesn't recognize Mach3 at all.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 10:54:39 PM »
Do you have an E-stop installed on your computer?

If you do, try pressing it and then clicking on the flashing reset button. If this works then you have the active low setting on your e-stop configuration the other way around.
hope that helps
anyone else? any suggestions?

Regards
Fernando

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 01:26:25 AM »
Can you post your XML file for the profile you are trying to run?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 11:02:29 AM »
Yup sounds like you don't have the ports and pins set right.. The good news is that this is not a hard one to fix ;)
Post you XML file please.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 12:03:48 PM »
Thank you for your responses. I do have an E-stop on the controller.  Resetting with E-stop in still no response. Attached is the .XML file.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 01:54:13 PM »
Hey Lminner,
    I downloaded your xml but haven't had time just yet to look at it. If you will, post as much info about your system as possible. ha kind of breakout board, drives, motors, etc. Pictures work good too.

I have sent you a PM

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 08:38:28 AM »
Hello, after looking at your XML it looks okay other then you have the tuning for each axis all the way up. I don't know what you are running for a machine but to start please set the velocity of each axis lower(for testing).

Also please load the 1024.set screen and tell me what your time in Int dro is reading.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 10:41:48 PM »
I'm running(trying to run) a Mini-Mill/1 from Minitechhttp://www.minitech.com/hardware/mills/cnc_mills_index.htm. I tried turning down the velocity as you suggested, no difference. The Time in int is fluctuating rapidly from about 3.4 to 7. I am not using a breakout board.