Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:58:41 AM

Author Topic: "A" axis setup as a spindle and as an "A" axis for Step /Dir control  (Read 2010 times)

Hi

If the max Velocity is the same in motor tuning and spindle pulley config,
Then the S value would be the actual spindle RPM?

Does anyone see an issue with running an A axis table as a spindle then after the spindle is shut off with M5,  running it as a linear/rotational axis?

I have the A axis and Spindle output going to the same pins.
I have the A axis and Spindle Motor tuning values exactly same.
The spindle is setup for step/dir output

It seems to work

I noticed however that the spindle speed was not correct with the S command.
I am wondering if the pulley ratio has anything to do with it, thus my question.

thanks fo any input.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: "A" axis setup as a spindle and as an "A" axis for Step /Dir control
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 02:57:34 PM »
That is interesting, I have never thought of it that way (;-)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             .

You would setup each axis to be accurate for the application. The drives do not care where the signals  comes from. BUT I would make a point to "Disable movement on A when it is NOT in use to avoid the drive getting BOTH set of pulses at the same time.

You can setup 2 pulleys with different RATIOS(used only to correct RPM) to correct the RPM.

The question would be when you are in Index mode what do you use for the cutting spindle control ?

Also when you go BACK to index mode you will have to refhome the axis to KNOW where it is each time.

HAVE you though about using Swapaxis() unswapaxis() to flip flop back and forth???

Good JOB, (;-) TP