Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:06:10 PM

Author Topic: x axis problem  (Read 4287 times)

x axis problem
« on: March 27, 2010, 11:59:24 AM »
Hi I have just converted my denford triac, replacing all the electronics and trying to run it on the mach 3 software but I have a problem and need some help. I cannot get the x axis to travel in both directions. If I press plus and minus on the mach screen buttons the axis only goes one way. Have I connected up the wiring wrong, the NEMA 34 motors are 4 wires (found the matching pairs) and I have wired them into the new stepper drives which only require 2 wires. Done the same for the Y and Z which seem to be OK although they move in the opposite direction to the mach direction buttons, looking at the forum posts I can change this in the config on Mach.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: x axis problem
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 12:31:29 PM »
Just double check the wiring again for the X axis direction and double check you have it set correctly in ports and pins, especially making sure you have remembered to set the port for the Dir pin.
 Other thing to check is that your parallel port cable is not broken on that pin, easy enough to check with an ohm meter.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 01:53:28 PM »
Give that man Hood a medal, loose wire on the dirx connection on the breakout board. Cheers mate

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »
glad you found it Jim :)

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »
Hi Hood,  I have an unusual problem with my Jcut6090 router. It was built as a 3 axis with a rotary. I was misslead to believe it was a 4 axis machine. The router worked as they built it. I ordered a new stepper driver, and proceded to set it up to be a 4 axis machine. I wired the X driver exactly as the Y&Z is done. Trying it out, found the X going in the wrong direction, in homing as well as on the keyboard. On the Motor Home/SoftLimits page clicked X reverse, the X still goes the wrong direction. Checked all the wire connections, they all are tight. Please help me out. On another note, I have been trying to post on this forum for more then 5 years without success. Is there a precise instruction for dummies like me on how to start a new thread?
A very frustrated Mike V.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 12:33:50 PM »
Hi Mvors, you have tagged your message on to a string started by me jimthefish, so Hood might not see it. No problem, but to start your own topic go to the home page, click on General Dicussions, Scroll down then at the bottom of the page you will see start a new topic, click and away you go, this will then become your thread and you will get notifications of all replies. Hood is your man but he might not read your message as its on my string. Copy and paste your question you attached to my string and put it in the new topic you have created, then all replies will come to you, sorry I aint got a clue as how to solve your problem. All the best Jimthefish.

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 01:06:38 PM »
Hi Jim,
Thank you for helping on the posting question. I have been trying for so long to do it right. Sorry about attaching to your thread.
Yours truly,     Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 01:33:49 PM »
Changing the reverse or alternatively changing the active state of the Dir pin in Ports and Pins should change the direction the motor moves.
If you still cant get it I can check your xml if you attach it to see if there is a config problem.
Hood