Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:03:42 PM

Author Topic: mach3 true spindle speed DRO  (Read 5855 times)

mach3 true spindle speed DRO
« on: June 25, 2012, 07:18:22 AM »
Hi all I'm running a Sieg X3 super converted to cnc using a Promica Kit. I have modified the motor>spindle ratio to now give me 3840 max RPM so the lcd mill reads incorrectly. I have fitted a vista cnc usb optical sensor  pdf attached. My problem is it needs a special screen set to pickup reading 1024rpm.set,  now I have other screens I would like to use but I can't get RPM's.  :'( Could you anyone enlighten as to how I might change other screen rpm dro to suit.
PS. I'm a complete novice  ;)
Regards
Nick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: mach3 true spindle speed DRO
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 08:40:25 AM »
They have the DRO set to a user code so you would need to open the screen you wish to change the DRO on in one of the screen editors and change the DRO to the User DRO number they have, it is 2222.
If you attach your screenset you want to use I can quickly change it for you if you wish.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 03:36:10 AM »
They have the DRO set to a user code so you would need to open the screen you wish to change the DRO on in one of the screen editors and change the DRO to the User DRO number they have, it is 2222.
If you attach your screenset you want to use I can quickly change it for you if you wish.

Hood
Thanks Hood I'll give it a go If I fail I'll be back
Regards
Nick
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:02:46 AM »

Hood
Thanks Again HOOD I managed to figure out how to change the DRO to 2222. I wonder what changed in Mach3 to stop it working on the original setting ??
Regards
Nick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:05:23 AM »
It is not on the standard Mach screens, it is a User DRO and the Vista Plugin must be looking there for some reason.
Hood