Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:24:27 AM

Author Topic: another wierd z problem  (Read 2535 times)

another wierd z problem
« on: June 21, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »
Please let me know if you have any ideas about what's going on here....  I have a home made 3 axis cnc router using probotix and gecko electronics/steppers, etc.  This has worked to some extent although I've had a few electronics problems that have been cured, I think.  Things seem to run ok in manual jog mode but now when I run a g code program Mach 3 will flash the z axis limit switch line on the diagnostics page (just a blip) and tell me I've hit a limit switch.  This happens in random areas, usually once per program.  And during the time that the machine is waiting to be reset and the program restarted, it jumps code (a varying number of lines), so I can't finish a program unless I reset the line pointer.  Here's the kicker, it does this even when it's in demo mode and the electronics are shut off....  What th'??

thanks for any help,
k

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: another wierd z problem
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 03:23:55 AM »
You seem to have noise on your limits inputs, try setting a debounce interval of 2000, its on general config page.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 07:25:59 AM »
Ok, thanks I'll give this suggestion a shot and get back to the forum on my results.  I just can't figure why it does this in demo mode with the electronics off, as well...

Thanks, again and I'll let you know what happens.
k

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 02:11:58 PM »
All depends what you mean by demo mode and electronics off.
Demo mode would normally mean using Mach without a licence and that is no problem as it works fine for the majority of things, just it has some limitations.
If you have the electronics off but still Mach has its ports and pins set up then you can still get noise.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 09:19:54 PM »
thanks, I got around it by reloading mach 3.
Regards,
k