Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:59:33 AM

Author Topic: JNC-40M configuration?  (Read 25049 times)

JNC-40M configuration?
« on: June 20, 2012, 10:16:10 PM »
Hey all,
I just received my first CNC machine, a JCUT 6090, with a JNC-40M (USB) board. The instructions that come with it are less than clear  ;)
If any of you are running this same (or similar) setup, would you be willing to help a fellow out with some configuration (like pins and Ports)?
Thanks!

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
Re: JNC-40M configuration?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 03:36:27 PM »
Hi DC Ross,
I also have a JCut 6090B router with JNC-40M. I ordered my machine to run with Mach3. The machine is functioning OK, but you need to create your own machine as ArtSoft suggests. Mine came with an already configured Mill, however the screen is in Chinese. What I've done is, I screen captured every config screen the way they did the configurations, than I created my own Mill, and just set everything up as they did it. You'll have to fine tune the motors (Config-Motor tuning), it was a bit scary when used for the first time the "Home all axes", but that worked too. You'll have to set up the "Soft Limits" also. I only have one problem now, how to wire in the water pump to start when the spindle starts.
Good luck,   Mike
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 06:43:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Mike.
If you want the English screen back, you can go to View > Load Screens, browse to the Mach3 folder, and select 1024.set.
Instead of re-creating the mill configuration, you could also have made a copy of Mach3Mill.xml, this is the Mill config file.

What numbers did you end up with for the Motor Tuning and Setup?

Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 11:08:53 PM »
Hi to All
I got a JCUT 5060 and was able to setup the machine properly. Except when you jog X and Y axis using the keyboard shortcut keys the motor stalls. I have check the mechanics and seems to be OK. Did you have the same problem?

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:24:18 AM »
Hi DC,
I just tuned the motors by ear to eliminate the jerking at the beginning & end of the moves (acceleration & deceleration). I won't know if they are OK until I calibrate the axes, e.g. to make the axes to move the correct distances.
Have a nice Day.
Mike
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 10:03:16 PM »
Thanks again, Mike. One more question: I haven't yet been able to get my spindle spinning. All my settings relating to the spindle are correct according to the JNC manual, would you be able to provide your settings?

renatom: I haven't had that issue, but I completely cleaned the machine, including wiping the ball screws and rails down with acetone, blowing everything out with compressed air, then lubricating all the moving bits. When they were built, they weren't cleaned at all. The fabricators just left all the shavings and crap from drilling and tapping and whatnot in the machine.

-DC

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 08:07:00 AM »
Hi DC,
I didn't change any of the spindle settings they made. I MDI-d a spindle command: S13000M3 and hit enter. The spindle started up, very quietly
I may add, after about 1/2 minute I stopped it by M5 command. Didn't want to run it without the pump for long.
If this window would allow me to attach a picture I would post the screenshut of my settings. If you email me, than I will send you my settings.
Mike
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 05:47:42 PM »
Ah, I configured the spindle settings to what was shown in a screenshot in the JNC manual, which was different than what was pre-configured. I reset the settings, and now the spindle works. I probably should have thought of that first :)

Have you been able to automatically start the cooling pump?

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »
No, I hadn't as yet. Today I'm rewiring my X so it doesn't drive the the rotary any more. They fooled me into believing, that it was a 4 axes machine when it is only a 3 axes one. Purchased an identical axis driver, and that'll now drive the rotary axis. As for the pump, I haven't given it much thought, I suppose I can just plug it into the rear of the step up transformer(220volt), until I figure out where to wire it into.
DC, I assume you know that many Chines companies make the Jcut routers, I was talking to three, before I ordered from "Jinan Jcut CNC Equipment Co., LTD" My contact was Shanny Chu.
Mike
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »
Hi there, I'm the new kid on the block.  I bought a Jcut 4040B a year ago and I've been using it with the crappy software that came with it with good results I guess.

So far I've been able to mill but I haven't been able to put the lathe or 4th-axis to work for several reasons, including damaged parts that were never replaced by the manufacturer and total absence of instructions on how and where to connect the part.  In the end my router is half operational and support from the manufacturer has long disappeared on the issue.

For the few months I've owned the router thou I've been able to work with it but I'm trying to improve performance and get the lathe to work so I'll migrate the machine to MACH3 since my biggest problem is software right now.

Ideas anybody, maybe a sketch or a document from the manufacturer on how to connect the lathe on a similar machine?

Thanks for the support